Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy some fender flares for the new model and nothing is out that I could find yet, so I bought a roll of the ez flares on amazon and went to work.. they're actually installed upside down but due to the lip on the atv it had to be installed on the outside of the plastic instead if in the wheel well like on trucks. And if I installed them the other way, the bends wouldn't have took and held on good I don't think after trying it several ways several times. As of now they are sticking really well but time will tell. I'm considering drilling little holes along the flare and using the black push pins to further hold them on. I've seen mixed reviews on how well the 3m holds. So far I like the look and will test them out this week so fingers crossed they stay on!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I added some of the black plastic rivet's and I'm much happier with the look and sturdiness of it now. The test will be tomorrow taking her out!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok what a noticeable difference in less mud being kicked up onto me and the machine. Even though the pics don't really show it, it would've been a lot worse! I was In a lot of mud! I'm very happy with how they worked and they all stayed on so that's a good thing!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey thanks for posting!! i also have a 2019 and couldnt find any flares at all, which ones did you get from Amazon? and how many rolls did you order?
thanks again and great pics

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered 1 roll of the ez flares xl I believe it's called. It's the larger 2" one instead of the 1". Just one roll did what u c in pics. I could have used another foot or so to bring them down a little further but I'm Happy with the way it turned out. It was $59. And I think the little black rivets are important to keep them attached better. I just drilled a hold through the flare and the plastic the size of the clip your using and then just push them through the hole and insert the little black head and voila! Good luck. It was an easy fun job I'd say!

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the info,,, getting ready to order some for my king quad. how are they holding up?? and is it really made of foam not rubber??
appreciate all the insight there.. and you did a great job installing it

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Yea it seems to be doing good. Went on another ride today and no problems. It looks and feels like a thick foam/rubber compound. I really like the way it feels! Very pliable and it's a little too soft if anything, I have a few spots that have little tears or a little chunk out but nohing too bad or that would cause me to replace. It's normal for tight trail ridding I feel. Getting smushed between trees or branches sticking out. Good luck and post some pics on here when you do it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts