Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

I thought it would be helpful to some people, and also save some money!
Im not an electrician or mechanic.
I bought the factory bumper for the 2019/2020 king quad 750 (990A0-45085) which has tabs for a 10” light bar that you can buy from suzuki. 990A0 -42000 ($155 USD)
This one from amazon fits perfect: ($28 USD)
BAOLICY 10in LED Light Bars LED Pods Spot Flood Beam 26W 3000lumens 4X4 Off Road Fog
  • ASIN: B07YCJQW96
I wired this up to the high beam wire going into the front right headlight
Ground to the radiator support bolt
(See photos)

so the light bar works when you turn your high beam switch on

You should probably have a relay and run ground back to the battery etc. etc. but this works fine.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nice Packitup!! Just what I was looking for. The factory one is ridiculously priced ($277 CAD!). I like how sleek this one you found is , it does not cover the “S” symbol like the OEM one. I’m think gonna grab one, thanks for sharing !!!

Reactions: Packitup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem, I figured people would be looking,The yellow wire is Hot when the high beams are on if your hooking it up this way. The only thing I changed on the amazon one was that I used little black bolts and lock nuts to mount to bumper and not the steel ones they send.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice...and thanks.

Had mine (400) for maybe 30hrs now and already knew I wanted a led light bar. That looks great.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I grabbed one like Packitup posted (above)and mounted it. I don’t think his splice of the power wire is gonna hold up in the fender tho?. Ground wire is ok there. I wired mine to my Pod light which when I upgraded to LEDs I set to high beam. It was easy and the splice is well sealed and secure up out of the way in the pod. I like it independent of the head lights, so the light bar only comes on when I turn the pod light on and I still have separate control of the headlights high/low beam. The light bar complements the LEDs I put in last year very well and works awesome for the night riding I do and love the compactness and having my front rack open until I need to put something there.

WIRING:

MOUNTED

HEADLIGHTS LOW BEAM WITH POD LIGHT & LIGHT BAR ON

ALL LIGHTS ON HIGHBEAM

Reactions: Packitup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great idea going up to the pod, everything worked good with the hot wire, I ended up running the ground all the way to the battery. The light was kind of going dim then bright. It works perfect now with the ground re routed to the battery.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Haha, cool. Thanks for helping me find the perfect lightbar for OEM bumper!
Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I grabbed one like Packitup posted (above)and mounted it. I don’t think his splice of the power wire is gonna hold up in the fender tho?. Ground wire is ok there. I wired mine to my Pod light which when I upgraded to LEDs I set to high beam. It was easy and the splice is well sealed and secure up out of the way in the pod. I like it independent of the head lights, so the light bar only comes on when I turn the pod light on and I still have separate control of the headlights high/low beam. The light bar complements the LEDs I put in last year very well and works awesome for the night riding I do and love the compactness and having my front rack open until I need to put something there.

WIRING:
View attachment 19745
View attachment 19746

MOUNTED
View attachment 19747
View attachment 19748

HEADLIGHTS LOW BEAM WITH POD LIGHT & LIGHT BAR ON
View attachment 19749

ALL LIGHTS ON HIGHBEAM
View attachment 19750
This looks amazing i just ordered the front bumper and now have to find the right lights... did you convert the stock head lights and top light? If so any recommendations or links to lighs?

·
Registered
281 Posts
This looks amazing i just ordered the front bumper and now have to find the right lights... did you convert the stock head lights and top light? If so any recommendations or links to lighs?
Checkout EricFlys posts here LINK, he did a great step by step how to on upgrading to LED lights along with helpful tips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mmm such a tasteful mod! Love it! I’m new and planning on picking up one of the best quads in the history - the king quad !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts