Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been having an issue with my 2017 kingquad which I have had since I bought the machine new. When i start it while in N it will lurch forward or backwards a bit when I put it in either H or R. Since it happened since I bought it, I thought this was normal, however I was recently on my friend's 2016 Kingquad and his doesn't do this at all. Any ideas why this is happening? Would this be a warranty item?

Regards,
John

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Sounds like the idle is too high.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Put it in neutral and jack up the back. Crank it and put it into gear. If the wheels spin then lower your idle. And if it doesn’t work then your clutch might be hung up.

Edit: ajl719 (Proper Punctuation).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
  1. Put it in neutral and jack up the back. Crank it and put it into gear. If the wheels spin then lower your idle. And if it doesn’t work then your clutch might be hung up.

Edit: ajl719 (Proper Punctuation).
    when you say crank it... do you mean give it throttle while in neutral then throw it into gear?

Thanks for the suggestions. One other point. I also notice my kingquad doesn’t shift into gear as smoothly as my friend’s. His seems quite effortless mine you need to force it a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts