Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My name is Trent and I've just purchased a 2017 KingQuad 750 and am anxious to upgrade the wheels and tires. Could someone please educate me as to the largest wheel/tire combination that I can run without modifying the suspension. I have no idea what wheel/backspace or size tire to run.
Thanks in advance!
Trent

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hello all,
My name is Trent and I've just purchased a 2017 KingQuad 750 and am anxious to upgrade the wheels and tires. Could someone please educate me as to the largest wheel/tire combination that I can run without modifying the suspension. I have no idea what wheel/backspace or size tire to run.
Thanks in advance!
Trent
You can go up one size without effecting your ride much and gain a tougher look.

You could go with 12x7 4-110 5+2 wheel or 12x7 4-110 4+3. The 4+3 backsapce will make you one inch wider per side than the 5+2. Here is a link to the wheels we carry to fit:

Suzuki 12 Inch Wheels | Discount Tire Direct

Is there any thing special you are looking for in a Tire? What type of terrain do you ride in?

Then you could go with 26x9R-12 and 26x11R-12. I went with the Pit Bull Growler XOR BG 2.5

Here is a photo to give you an idea:

Here is a link to our web site where you can search for tires by size or brand:

ATV tires by Size or Brand | Discount Tire Direct

Shoot us a PM if we can hep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.
I mostly ride in forest and in mildly rough terrain. Very occasionally I'm in mud. What would you recommend?
Do you think I could run 26x10x12 on the front and 26x12x12 on the rear? Also, if I use the 10's and 12's on the 5+2 rims do you think the tires would rub or would I need to go with the 4+3?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't get 10's in the front.
They will be to grabby and give you to much trail input.
If you don't do mud pits all the time i would not go bigger than 26.
For me the bighorn original 26x9x12 and 26x12x12 works best.
Even with stock rims you have no clearing issues.
Most aftermarket rims in 5+2 make your atv an inch wider on each side (is good)
If you use 4+3 rims your atv becomes to wide and rides real bad.
If your aftermarket rims give your atv exactly the same width as with the originals,you could use 1inch spacers to widen your atv.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would agree with Staf, do not put 10 inch wide tires on the front as it will steer harder. If you go with aftermarket wheels 5+2 back space works the best. My Pit Bull Growler XOR BG 2.5 26x9R-12 and 26x11R-12 work perfect in the mountains and the desert. They are very tough and give you excellent traction.

You won't have to worry about your friends following too close with these tires as they really dig.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im running 28x10x12 on front and 28x12x12 on rear on my stock kingquad 700. I got 28 inch silverbacks on my stock wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,477 Posts
27’s are pushing it. You may be ok, you may not. The weigh of the tires in question make a huge difference. If anything, you may have to install a clutch kit if you notice any power loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
834 Posts
specs in my sig., pics to show clearance in the wheel wells. there is no crazy mods to make it happen other than the 2 inch lift. . and demon axles cough cough.. but those were because i punish axles.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
93kingquad , with that set up what is the total width of the tires front ad rear ? does it still fall within the 50" width ? asking because where i live that is our trail limit of 50" width. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey fellas
Just got my second KQ - now have at 2019. I want a wider stance than stock. I can find anywhere (or from local dealer), what are the OEM rim offset numbers?
I’m leaning towards a 4+3 with 26” rears and 5+2 with 26” fronts.
Any thoughts or concerns.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello all,

I too recently bought a new 2019 KQ w/o power steering. Sorry, I have more questions than answers and I’m really hoping that someone can help me.

As you may know the current stock tires are 26x10x12 in back and 26x8x12 in the front.

I would like the following setup: Interco’s Swamp Lites 26x9x12 (front) and 26x10x12 (back) with ITP Black Ops SD Lockbead (12/7) wheels.

I tried using the tire/wheel sizing link that was previously posted, but it appears that my desired wheels and tires are not available options.

Most of what I have been told is that this setup is fine for my machine. However, I made the mistake of asking a Suzuki dealer, which said that there could be a tire rubbing issue on the bottom of the front wheel well’s plastic due to making the width of the front tire 1 inch wider (8 to 9). I really don’t see this being an issue based on the changes others have made. Does anyone have any insight on this issue please let me know?

Also, the dealer also wrote the following: “Any sort of tire change voids any warranty on your tires in the case of a manufacture defect as well in some cases can cause issues.”

Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
No stock is 25x8x12 front and 25x10x12 rear. I went up 1 inch wider and 1 inch taller front and rear , the difference is night and day from stock .these Kenda Bearclaw HTRs Work well for all round trail riding. I avoid mud btw (when possible). I would not go too big and stay as light as possible , otherwise more mods would be in order. I can feel the offline performance loss just with 26”, not a concern to me , but can’t imagine any bigger without mods..

·
Registered
20 Posts
No stock is 25x8x12 front and 25x10x12 rear. I went up 1 inch wider and 1 inch taller front and rear , the difference is night and day from stock .these Kenda Bearclaw HTRs Work well for all round trail riding. I avoid mud btw (when possible). I would not go too big and stay as light as possible , otherwise more mods would be in order. I can feel the offline performance loss just with 26”, not a concern to me , but can’t imagine any bigger without mods..
Are you avoiding mud because if the increased size of your tires w/o mods or because your particular tire tread?

1 inch added in height all around and 1 inch added in width up front is all I want. Just to be clear, no mods are necessary with this change, right?

Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
No,no... neither increased size or tread. I‘m just saying I don’t look to sink my machine in mud.. or water for that matter. I prefer technical trail riding and rock crawling. The 26” HTRs have performed very well on my KQ on all types of terrain I’ve come across including unavoidable mud holes & water crossings. I’ve put 1128km (700 miles) on them so far and I’m really liking these smoother riding and tough (8ply) all terrain radials, a big improvement to the KQ.

No mods will be required.
You could go for a lighter tire in the 26” size like Maxxis Big Horns to reduce the small loss you may feel offline but again, it’s minimal imo.
I had to adjust my preload with the HTR tires (much stiffer sidewall). I tend to ride a little spirited so had my preload at the stiffest setting with the stock Carlisle tires (mushy sidewall).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I HATE washing mud off my atv's, just slightly less than I hate having mud covered atv's in my garage, so I too avoid mud any time I can.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hahaha, exactly Dacaur, same here ,that too !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts