Suzuki ATV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Historically, the KingQuad has been known as one of the more comfortable ATVs to ride. We’re please to report that hasn’t changed for 2016.

I don't take to much stock in some reviews giving online, but there seems to be a big difference in riding like a freaking truck and one of the more comfortable rides out there.
Historically, KQ are more comfortable to ride? LOL you state that as a fact and its only a measly opinion.

Get a grip, man you are way out there swinging. Put on a helmet

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
settle down...

opinions is all we have when it comes to measuring comfort. As far as "historically", I'm not really sure, but I've had people that were die hard other brand riders get on my King Quad and one of the most common things they say is how comfortable it is.

Now, mine is a 2013. I've ridden a mid-90's King Quad and it wasn't all that comfortable in comparison, but I would imagine that not many of the 90's ATV's were all that comfortable in comparison to new ones.

Everyone has their favorites and everyones opinion will think theirs is the best ever. Ride what you like.

For me, when I went shopping for a newer ATV, I took a lot of things into consideration and rode most of them. While the Grizzly is a fine machine, I chose the King Quad.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Quick comparison:

Grizzly EPS SE $10,299

Motor:
708 CC

suspension
————————————
Front: 7.6 In travel
Rear : 9.1 In travel

Seat High: 36.1 in
Wheel base: 49.2 in
Ground Clear 11.3 in
Wet Weight: 692 lbs

6 month warranty

King Quad EPS $9,199
722 CC

suspension
————————————
Front: 8.2 In travel
Rear : 9.3 In travel

Seat High: 36.2 in
Wheel base: 50.6 in
Ground Clear 11.9 in
Wet Weight: 672 lbs

12 month unlimited mileage warranty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been a member of the forum for awhile but haven't posted much. Thought I would share this. I've been riding ATVs for 20 years and trade very often. Since 2011 I've owned in order a 2011 Polaris Sportsman 850XP EPS, a 2012 Honda Foreman 500 EPS, a 2014 King Quad 750 non power steering unit, and just the other day I purchased a 2016 Grizzly with power steering. I rode it a total of 4 miles and I took it back and got a 2016 King Quad 750 with power steering. Just wanted to give my thoughts on the two. Obviously I preferred the KQ. The Grizzly is the hottest running ATV I have ever sat on. So hot in fact that when my wife was on it behind me as we were doubling, the back of her leg was getting toasted on the left side. As I was sitting closer to the front of the machine, my left leg was positioned over the vent hole in the side. I too got roasted. It does have its good points. It was very plush. I'll go as far as to say it was as plush as Sportsmans I've ridden. For those of you who've done the same, you know what I mean. Very plush ride on the new Grizz. The power steering was very good as well. No complaints there. Another minus, it pushed through corners very noticeably. Now for the KQ's. I liked everything about my 2014 KQ non power steering unit except for the lack of power steering. I ran 27 inch Mega Mayhems on it and on steep downhills with those tires it really searched around and was a handful at times. Maybe this was mainly because of the tires but I never rode it with anything else on it. I've now put about ten miles on the new King Quad with power steering. Same Mega Mayhems on it. Handles perfectly. Not quite as plush as the Grizz but still plush. Runs cool. Power between the two is very comparable. Nothing negative to say about it. One of the most complete ATV's I've ever ridden. Anyway, not knocking anyones machine. Just my two cents.
my brand new 2019 king quad with power steering lacks power steering

·
Registered
6 Posts
The EPS sucks on the 2016 KQ? Your saying it is weak and it rides like a truck? Am I missing something here, are you talking about a 2016 750? I got rid of a 2014 Grizzly 550 because I thought the eps was weak, so I;m not about to get a 16 KQ if it is no better.
a 2019 king quad 750 has weak power steering as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quick comparison:

Grizzly EPS SE $10,299

Motor:
708 CC

suspension
————————————
Front: 7.6 In travel
Rear : 9.1 In travel

Seat High: 36.1 in
Wheel base: 49.2 in
Ground Clear 11.3 in
Wet Weight: 692 lbs

6 month warranty

King Quad EPS $9,199
722 CC

suspension
————————————
Front: 8.2 In travel
Rear : 9.3 In travel

Seat High: 36.2 in
Wheel base: 50.6 in
Ground Clear 11.9 in
Wet Weight: 672 lbs

12 month unlimited mileage warranty
I had a 2017 grizzly and traded for a 2019 king 750 . king power steering is not good ,stiff and jerky

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the help. Do you think they made any changes on the power steering on the 2017?
I have a 2019 king 750 and the power steering is way better on my old 2017 grizzly .
the power steering is acting up on the king and its been since aug 1st to nov 15th no answers yet and only 700km
it started acting up at 200 km

21 - 29 of 29 Posts