Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders. I have an issue with my 2015 King Quad 500. I was recently riding near Breckenridge Colorado. During the ride when I stopped to take in the view my quad started to have issues. I noticed on the instrument panel my FI light came on (not flashing), and then my engine began to surge. It was almost like it had a fuel issue, and it has less than 30 hours ride time (it doesn't get used a lot as I have another ATV that I typically ride). I shut off the atv and let it sit for a couple minutes, and then started it back up. During the start up it seemed to turn over more than usual before firing, but did start with no FI light on. I rode it another couple miles and the light came on again. This time the engine began to surge fairly bad to the point if it was out of gear it was hard to engage due to the engine rev. I managed to get it back to the truck and trailer (I had already headed back due to the issue so I wasn't that far). Once there I shut it off for a while, and then restarted it. The same thing it turned over more than usual. This time once it started the FI light came on immediately and the engine rev/surge began. I managed to get it in low and drove it up onto my trailer, but when I hit the brakes it couldn't stop due to the engine surge (it would rev from idle to about 2500 RPM). Had it not been for a 2X4 that was in the trailer pocket in front of the trailer bed I would have drove right into the back of my truck (it stopped on the 2X4 causing minimal damage to the quad). I shut it down then and it hasn't been started since. Does anyone have a clue as to why the FI light would come on and the engine would surge like it did? I'm not the most experienced mechanic, but I wouldn't think with the minimal riding/hours on the machine that the fuel pump would be bad or cause this issue.

·
Super Moderator
746 Posts
Did you ever figure out what was wrong? Mine is doing the same thing!

This thread is almost two years old. You aren't likely to get a reply from the OP as he is not currently an active member.

Please review our forum rules regarding replying to dormant threads such as this.

My recommendation would be to start your own post and see if anyone can assist you. Alternatively, search here on the forum for ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts