Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here just tring to see what would be the best things to do for power. I do alot of deep mudding and keep bogging down. I have 28 inch vampire tires and snorkel kit. I have just order some shims of ebay and wait on then to shim clutch. I want to know about what the best programmers are and maybe a lift kit. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks been ready on the forum so I thought I would join. Seems to be pretty good people helping each other.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yeah its a great place! I think youll enjoy it!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Coop 3+ clutch mod is the best for turning big tires and getting the holeshot. With a 1 MM shim it is as low gearing off the start as you can get.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Glenlivet have you tried any programmers to help to

·
Registered
293 Posts
Coop 3+ clutch mod is the best for turning big tires and getting the holeshot. With a 1 MM shim it is as low gearing off the start as you can get.
x2 on the coop3 +1 Super pleased with the results.

·
Registered
716 Posts
With the EFI and all the sensors it uses, the stock mapping is pretty much optimal for operating conditions and there isn't a significant improvement to be had by messing with the fuel control on a stock King Quad. Fuel controllers are best used when motor parameters have been changed and the fuel delivery has to be made optimal for the new conditions. I've tried them, yes, Power Commander and VDI.

To be honest, if you spent the money needed to get 750 level performance out of your 500 you'd find it would cost you a lot more than just buying a 750 instead of a 500.
The 500 is geared about 13% lower than a 750 to help make up for the displacement gap in an essentially identical chassis.
Of course you just want to bump the quad you have, get a bit more snap out of it. :) Like say, the cheapest way that's effective is a couple of shims for the clutch. It'll shave off some top speed but add some jump to the start and a bit better acceleration. Sheave modifying will do a good bit better without needing any loss in top speed.
After that you better grease the old wallet. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
New here just tring to see what would be the best things to do for power. I do alot of deep mudding and keep bogging down. I have 28 inch vampire tires and snorkel kit. I have just order some shims of ebay and wait on then to shim clutch. I want to know about what the best programmers are and maybe a lift kit. Thanks

how does it do in low?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts