Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I was wondering if anyone had any insight to a problem that I am having with my Quad. The 15 Amp fuse for the fuel pump keeps blowing after riding. The FI light flashes when this happens,and a new fuse will get it to restart! I have started looking at the wiring harness for any chafing etc but have not found anything yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gio

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
Try cleaning where your main ground connects to your frame and see if that helps. If that doesn’t help something is shorting out causing your fuse to blow. What that might be I’m not quite sure. But maybe someone else will chime in and offer up another suggestion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try cleaning where your main ground connects to your frame and see if that helps. If that doesn’t help something is shorting out causing your fuse to blow. What that might be I’m not quite sure. But maybe someone else will chime in and offer up another suggestion.
Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I recently had a wiring problem with my 07 Vinson. I didn't think i would ever find the problem (not good with wiring). I was going to order a new wiring harness but it was unavailable from Suzuki. So i had no choice but to pull all of the plastics and start tracking down the wiring i was having issues with. I had a factory service manual in PDF and it helped a lot because i knew which wires could be the problem. And it was one of the wires leading to the rear where there was no wire loom protecting it and it rubbed on the frame and grounded out. It was a pain in the ass to track down but it's worth it in the end because it fixed my problem.

Electric blue Close-up Fiber Cable Wire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts