Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I’m new to the atv world, and I’m sure this topic has been discussed many times. My KQ fuel relay clicks, when I try to start it, but I get no prime. I have the F1 light on the dash. I’ve read many people bypass the relay. Would anyone have a picture on how they bypassed the relay? Many Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
willing to bet the temp sensor is bad and it doesn't prime the machine cold. I encountered this with my neigbours bike. The person before him had a snowmobile primer hooked up and had a hose fed down into the throttle body (hole drilled down through the breather cover and filter!) I put the bike in dealer mode and red the code and it was the temp sensor. When it goes the ecm will read the sensor as if its a warmed up engine, thus no cold prime. I replaced the sensor and the bike hasn't missed a beat since (5 yrs).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You for the information. Would this be oil temp or cooling temp? I’m really pulling my hair out on this. When I first bought the bike, it wouldn’t prime. Owner said it needed a new pump. I bought a pump, and the bike ran. I parked the bike bike in the garage, and the next day, no prime! Bike does turn over. It does have an F1 code on dash.
Thank You

1 - 3 of 3 Posts