Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my rear final bevel bearing in my 2008 king quad 750. I have take out the rear differential and have taken it apart. Now I am having trouble removing the final drive stopper to get to the final bevel bearing to replace it. I have already broke a small piece off the casing, right beside the stopper, on the inside of the differential trying to remove the stopper and don't want to keep prying. Will that hurt the differential? Is there a trick or special tool used to remove the stopper? Any special tool needed to remove the bearing once I get to it? The part # for the stopper is 27312-38F00.

·
Registered
358 Posts
It looks threaded it probbaly requires a special tool to remove. You could try tapping a brass punch with a hammer to unthread but it might not work. And if that pinion bearing is tapered it probably requires preload.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I have to replace my rear final bevel bearing in my 2008 king quad 750. I have take out the rear differential and have taken it apart. Now I am having trouble removing the final drive stopper to get to the final bevel bearing to replace it. I have already broke a small piece off the casing, right beside the stopper, on the inside of the differential trying to remove the stopper and don't want to keep prying. Will that hurt the differential? Is there a trick or special tool used to remove the stopper? Any special tool needed to remove the bearing once I get to it? The part # for the stopper is 27312-38F00.
Welcome to the forum. How many miles on your 2008 and what did the noise sound like?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. How many miles on your 2008 and what did the noise sound like?

LOL I have a lot of mile on it and I know the issue I just can't figure out how to remove the final drive stopper. Looks like it would take a special tool but I can not find anything about any special tool. I have tried using a a punch with a hammer to break it loose but it did not work so I am running out of ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts