Suzuki ATV Forum banner

2007 Suzuki KQ 700 FI light flash

25K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  ajl719 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. I have a 2007 KQ 700 I bought new. I've had the reverse recall done and have kept up on maintenance. Never really had any issues of it not running until a few weeks ago. It died on a trail. I started part replacement. I changed the plug and coil. No help.I got a c41 code so I took off the rear plastic and removed the tank . I checked the fuel pressure. It was 16 psi. I changed the pump and fuel sock. I hooked the battery back up to check everything. It cycled as should and fired right up. I did this a few times and it seemed to fix it. I put the tank back in and bolted it back up and plastics on then reconnected everything. It started once then died. It has no codes only _COO. I'm assuming according to the forums that means no codes. The FI light flashes non stop and it won't start. The pump will cycle once every few times I turn the key to the on position but clicks back off. It will start if I try to hit the starter button while it cycled but will die in a few seconds. I'm so aggravated and have no clue. The only thing I read about now is it might be a fuel relay under the seat? I got the Napa part number and was gonna try it. Any knowledge on the bike is much appreciated

#2 ·
Really should get a copy of the factory manual for the FI bikes. Their are 7-8 sensors used by the controller and any of them can cause you issues. The manual has pretty straight forward instructions on how to isolate and test each sensor so you don't get into the expensive swap a part mode and hope. That said you need to put a pressure test you fuel deliver again to make sure it is staying pressurized and usually they relay would be managing that function. The pressure test should tell you if you need to replace the relay.

#7 ·
Ok first the _C00 means your throttle position is set to low. It should be -C00. Mine does the same unplug your computer blow out the plug and and connector end then plug it back up. You unplug your computer for about a minute or so to kinda reset it you pop it back in it should fire up.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Have you tried taking the injector out and cleaning it..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Yes the _COO should be -COO. Also your fuel injector may be spraying but may also be clogged. Mine was only spraying from two ports of nstead of four. I recommend you get to YouTube for moving the COO bar up and a through cleaning of your injector. Hope this helps

#15 ·
Now it the fuel pump seems to cycle almost correctly when I turn the key on . I checked the spark and it was firing from the end of the plug when I turned the starter over for only the first 2 seconds then no spark no matter how long I whirl it over. If I stop then try it again it will only spark for the initial first few seconds. WTH??? It has a new coil . Does this sound like an ECU issue? It is the original and never been repaced

#17 · (Edited)
It is possible to get a bad coil whether you buy parts at a parts supplier or online like eBay. Only thing is sometimes it’s harder to return the parts when you get them off eBay. And you never know the quality of the part your getting either. Another good trait to follow is don’t cheap out on electrical parts. Some aftermarket things are ok. But when it comes to electrical components, OEM is way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.