Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

interesting comment was the wiring harness had a bad wire causing recharging of the battery to be difficult
wonder how to correct this cause my scooter is way slow on charging, and never seems to fully charge..
Thoughts/

·
Registered
214 Posts
O my.This tech tip has been out for years. If it's OK to tell you here there are videos on what to do to get your charging up 13.8v running. Nyrocatv tech tip and go to battery section and you will find it. I have 07 700 kq bought new in Ohio. It's highly modified and the wire mod was easy. I will say that harness under the rectifier is in the path of all kinds of debris and will lead to excessive heat to all those connectors that will melt the connectors. I have a mod harness hanging on the wall but the battery tech tip over there will be complete.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I read the first sentence of that article to the first comma. I love my king but that statement about the handling is not acurate. It had terrible safety concerns for any hard core rider. Talking about the steering twitch going down hill that can ruin your day. There is a mod to fix the castor. (y)

·
Registered
214 Posts
When you get over there in the Tec Tips you will see page after page of how to modify. My KQ starting at the front.OEM black bumper front and rear, warn winch 3000lb,hid bulbs in oem head lights,fan overide,overflow bottle mounted on the side,eleven setting steering stabilizer,castor mod,grease zerk for top steering stem,elka stage 3 all around,shift gate mod,oem aluminum skids with 1/8" black uhmw cladding on all surfaces,oil dipstick oem side cover mod, oil low pressure warning light,battery charging mod,rearranged harness tray to fit Velocity Devices ECU,fuel vent relocate,drain fitting in bottom off clutch cover with long drain hose,Glenlivet shaved primary sheaves clutch mod and shim mod,rear backup light,grease zerks for a-arm bushings front and rear and tubes filled with marine grease, I might be forgetting something?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts