Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 king quad 700 l[ta700x]. I an trying to get it running and need some help please. I have completely tuned it up plug, oil,filters. Also I have drained and flushed fuel lines and added new fuel. I have good compression fire and fuel. Checked codes and reads C00. What would be my next step any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
C00 means there are no engine codes from the manual. You’ve taken all the right steps.

Next I would check the fuel pressure. I got a kit from harbor freight to check mine. I believe 43psi is what you need at the fuel rail. I think I disconnected at the rail and clamp on the pressure check for it and turned the ignition on.

If the pressure is low, that’s an indicator that the fuel filter in the tank at fuel pump base is clogged. There is a much larger replacement you can swap in. I believe I found the info to do that on the Nyroc ATV forums.

The other option is to remove the fuel injector and soak it on carb cleaner. You can use alligator clamps and a 12v source to energize the injector and spray cleaner through it to remove deposits.

You can do a compression check as well if this doesn’t work. You would be looking for 142psi on the manual for the 750 which is just a bored out 700.

Check the air cleaner to make sure it isn’t caked or filled with a mice nest. If you have air fuel and fire it should at least start if the battery is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
One other though is the throttle position sensor. Mine went bad and it would stick when it warmed up. These engines do not have a mass air flow sensor to measure air flow and they do not have fuel pressure sensor to calculate fuel. They rely on fixed fuel pressure at 43psi and clean air to run based on throttle position. If that throttle position sensor sticks, the engine won’t run. You can look up online how to check the position sensor on the display. When I would open the throttle and return it to idle it would stick open. The quad wouldn’t start or idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would also recommend checking your valve clearances. This probably isn't the sole reason it isn't starting, but I'd be willing to bet it's time for them to be checked and shimmed. Hard starting is a symptom of valves out of spec. Once they are in spec it will make the engine start easier once you figure out what else is wrong with it. They are not hard to check. There is a hex head plug on the left side of the engine case towards the front that can be removed. When the engine is at top dead center you will see a mark on the balancer showing top dead center. Remove the spark plug. Remove the rope pull started, then use a wrench to hand turn the engine on the nut beneath the starter cover until the engine is to top dead center through the hole where you removed the hex plug. Remove the two small valve inspection covers, and check your valve clearance. If they are out of spec you will need to remove the valve cover and change the shims under the valve seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts