Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Eiger 400 4x4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased an Eiger from an older gentleman who just drove it back and forth to the deer stand. It would only run with the choke on when I got it but I cleaned the carb and it’s back to running great. With that being said it won’t go over 25 mph. Each gear gets progressively harder to top out and eventually won’t even get going fast enough to top 3rd out. No spitting and sputtering or anything. Runs like a dream but not getting near the power I should. Won’t even break the tires loose in the mud.

·
Registered
2000 quadrunner 250 4x4
189 Posts
How does the plug look. When you cleaned the carb did you set the screws back where they were? If you're not getting good power then it's either very rich or very lean.
if it would only run with the choke applied before then it was likely very lean, so if you put the fuel screw back where it was it's probably still running lean.

It's also possible that the carb was so plugged that the previous owner adjusted the fuel screw to make it richer, and then when you put it back to where it was now that it's clean it could be running rich.

If the plug is super clean, then it's running lean. If it's super dark and sooty, wet or dry, it's running very rich.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Is the engine revving up like it should be going faster, if so it is probably the clutch slipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts