Suzuki ATV Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
It looks exactly like a window regulator and it is made by Denso but i couldent find it sold by anyone else than Suzuki.
Is the Denso part number listed? If so, is it the same as the Suzuki number?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Is the Denso part number listed? If so, is it the same as the Suzuki number?
I dont have the old one anymore but i came up empty handed when searching for it using the part number. I had a Denso window regulator out of a Dodge Ram that was fairly close i think the motors were exactly the same. But the gears were slightly different and the problem with mine was the gear box was busted. If just the motor was bad you might be able to swap one out of a denso regulator. But to buy the regulator you would probbaly have to buy the entire track and everything. Sometimes things are just expensive and you just have to bite the bullet and buy one. Mine lasted for 10 years before it failed.

I looked up the price of a new actuator for my 2021 King Quad and not only does it engage 4wd but it also locks the front diff and it is about $1,000. I hope i never have to replace it because it makes the Vinson actuator look like a bargain.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I dont have the old one anymore but i came up empty handed when searching for it using the part number. I had a Denso window regulator out of a Dodge Ram that was fairly close i think the motors were exactly the same. But the gears were slightly different and the problem with mine was the gear box was busted. If just the motor was bad you might be able to swap one out of a denso regulator. But to buy the regulator you would probbaly have to buy the entire track and everything. Sometimes things are just expensive and you just have to bite the bullet and buy one. Mine lasted for 10 years before it failed.

I looked up the price of a new actuator for my 2021 King Quad and not only does it engage 4wd but it also locks the front diff and it is about $1,000. I hope i never have to replace it because it makes the Vinson actuator look like a bargain.

Ok , thanks for checking. Thought we could help this member out and save him some money. Looks like it won’t work.

Perhaps he can find one like AJL said on powersportsnation.com , or EBay.

Crazy money for a small part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Check for power at the actuator. Have someone flip the 4WD / 2WD switch back and forth while you look at the meter. If you are seeing power, the actuator is bad. Like others have said before, it’s a very common problem . I got lucky and put about 4K miles on my Vinson with no issues. That was a good machine. Real good.

Vinzenzo, I am sending you a PM. Please take a look when you can.
Front diff is leaking. Do I buy a gasket. Or the liquid stuff that turns into gasket. And what about radiator fluid and all the other fluid that are for these. Where do I get em

·
Administrator
9,802 Posts
You can see if a gasket is available for your front diff on your Vinson. If not you could always buy RTV silicone and make one yourself. My colleague John1960 I believe had another option, but I can’t remember what it was. So hopefully he’ll chime in on that one. The front diff when refilling takes a 80/90 hypoid gear oil

The radiator I’m sure takes a 50/50 mix of some type of radiator coolant. Though I’m not sure which type as I’ve never tackled atv coolant before.

And your engine/rear end should share the same oil. For this use a motorcycle oil that is JASO-MA approved with a viscosity of at least 10w40.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Front diff is leaking. Do I buy a gasket. Or the liquid stuff that turns into gasket. And what about radiator fluid and all the other fluid that are for these. Where do I get em
When in doubt if a gasket needs to be used, look at a parts diagram. Typically, if a manufacturer can sell you something, they will. Occasionally , a gasket won’t be used, but some manufacturers will call for a specific compound (if they distribute it). Then we can discuss substitutes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi guys I’m back. My front differential is leaking. Right where the drive shaft goes in. Any ideas on what the part is called. Tried looking up a couple things but maybe I’m wording it wrong.

·
Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
Hi guys I’m back. My front differential is leaking. Right where the drive shaft goes in. Any ideas on what the part is called. Tried looking up a couple things but maybe I’m wording it wrong.
I think you may need the production date to proceed. Perhaps the parts are the same. I didn’t check both diagrams.

Look at number 10 below. The oil seal. Is that the area you are seeing a leak?

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Slope

21 - 30 of 30 Posts