Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've checked just about everything (carb cleaned, spark plug,fuel tank, fuel lines) only thing I haven't checked is the ignition timing but I don't know if that can cause that and I don't have any idea how to check or adjust that. ( Idles perfect and runs ok at min to medium throttle)

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
I’m assuming your bike has a fuel petcock..? It’s the valve under your tank which allows you to switch from On/Pri/Res. The fuel petcocks on some of the 250 QR’s and 300 KQ’s are known to go bad. When or if they go bad, your bike can get all sorts of problems. Such as: Stalling, backfiring, hesitation, power loss, and poor idling. If bad enough, it can dump fuel into the crankcase contaminating your oil. To check the fuel petcock, pull the vacuum line (Smaller Line), off at the fuel petcock. If fuel comes out the line or port where you removed that line. Or if the line is wet. Your fuel petcock is bad and needs to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I removed the line from the fuel petcock and fuel started to come out of the port and the line was wet aswell so I guess my petcock is bad like you said.

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Sounds like it. You can band-aid fix it by capping the vacuum port on the fuel petcock and the vacuum port on the carb and running your carb with the fuel petcock set to the “Pri” position. Only set it to this position while running the quad as “Pri” is gravity fed and will contaminate your oil if left in this position with the quad off. OEM fuel petcocks are a little bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts