Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 suzuki ltz-400. It ran about a month ago but i put a new carb on it and messed with the wiring a bit and now it wont start. When i hit the start button the only thing that happens is it sounds like the starters working and the engines sputtering but it like clicks/ sparks where the wiring is. I think i may need a new harness but not sure. Please help ive saved up money for 3 years to buy it 2200$

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
I have a 2004 suzuki ltz-400. It ran about a month ago but i put a new carb on it and messed with the wiring a bit and now it wont start. When i hit the start button the only thing that happens is it sounds like the starters working and the engines sputtering but it like clicks/ sparks where the wiring is. I think i may need a new harness but not sure. Please help ive saved up money for 3 years to buy it 2200$
Welcome to the forum.

A few things could be happening. Can you describe, and/or post a picture of where the spark is coming from when you crank the engine. You may have a short, a loose connection, or corrosion at a contact point. We would be able to assist you better if we knew exactly where the problem is coming from.

Also, regarding your avatar..... I modified it to a generic one for you. Political Avatars are not allowed on this (and many other forums). Please acquaint yourself with the forum rules and feel free to select another avatar if you wish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

A few things could be happening. Can you describe, and/or post a picture of where the spark is coming from when you crank the engine. You may have a short, a loose connection, or corrosion at a contact point. We would be able to assist you better if we knew exactly where the problem is coming from.

Also, regarding your avatar..... I modified it to a generic one for you. Political Avatars are not allowed on this (and many other forums). Please acquaint yourself with the forum rules and feel free to select another avatar if you wish.
My bad for the profie picture. Its not actually visibly sparking but it sounds like it is.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
My bad for the profie picture. Its not actually visibly sparking but it sounds like it is.
Try to locate where the sound is coming from. Look for a loose, dirty, or corroded connection. Charge your battery also. A low voltage battery can cause a starter to click.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im at school right now but ill be home in and hour and a half i can add a video to it on to this if youd like to hear the ¨spark sound¨

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
im at school right now but ill be home in and hour and a half i can add a video to it on to this if youd like to hear the ¨spark sound¨
That might be helpful.

You mentioned that you messed with the wiring . I would look at that area closely for a source of the clicking.

Once you get past that problem, I want to address what type of carb you installed. I hope it is a factory OE unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try to locate where the sound is coming from. Look for a loose, dirty, or corroded connection. Charge your battery also. A low voltage battery can cause a starter to click.
theres multiple loose wires becuase i was trying to pinpoin the problem. I know the starter works I just need to know if i can repair the wires or need a new wiring harness.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
theres multiple loose wires becuase i was trying to pinpoin the problem. I know the starter works I just need to know if i can repair the wires or need a new wiring harness.
Get those loose wires squared away, first off. Those are not going to benefit you in any way.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
Carburetor For SUZUKI LTZ400 LTZ 400 QUAD ATV WITH FUEL VALVE PETCOCK 2003-2007 look that up on amazon that the carb i got.

Let’s figure out the electrical problem. Then we can talk about the carb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts