Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 suzuki quadrunner 250 4x4. The issue we are having is it only creeps forward in SUPER low gear and only in 1st or reverse. We changed out the oil, new centrifugal clutch and have tried adjusting the clutch screw with no difference. Any thoughts? I bought this as a project for my 13 year old and myself for him to ride when it is fixed. He is getting antsy. LOL I was hoping this would be an easy fix as I used to have the 1985 125's growing up and they were a blast.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Sounds like the main clutch may be toast.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is the range selector stuck in super low, or can it be shifted into low and high as well? Can the transmission be shifted in to a gear other than first or reverse?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the range selector stuck in super low, or can it be shifted into low and high as well? Can the transmission be shifted in to a gear other than first or reverse?
The range selector, reverse and 4wd levers ALL function as they should. The transmission CAN be shifted but will not creep at all. The atv just sits there

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
I tend to agree with other members who suggested the main clutch. Have you tried adjusting the clutch at all to see if it helps..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tend to agree with other members who suggested the main clutch. Have you tried adjusting the clutch at all to see if it helps..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you mean the little screw and nut? If so, then yes we have and just get the same results no matter how much or little we adjust it. The only thing that differs is how hard the foot shifter shifts. By main clutch do you mean the primary?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts