Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quadrunner 250 2001 model I just aquired this forewheeler it keeps blowing the main fuse I looked up the year and fuse diagram found out it had the wrong size fuses got the right size fuses in it now but its still popping the main fuse does anyone have any ideas to what I should try next

·
Registered
2000 quadrunner 250 4x4
189 Posts
When does it blow? As soon as you put it in? When you start it? Shut it down? Etc.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you don't have a service manual you should get one. I got mine through tradebit. I think it covers the 98-02 Quadrunner 250. Like $15. Definitely worth it.

You probably have a short or a component that's failed. Loose and corroded connections also cause resistance. The increased load could blow the fuse.

If you have a multimeter you can test power wires for ground. If you have a service manual it explains how to test parts.

You'll need to check over everything untill the problem is found. Test and trace out wires looking for anywhere it could short out. Then test all components connected to that fuse.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There's not much of a fuse panel on this (everything on one fuse) so it's hard to pull fuses and check. My guess is that you have wiring chafed someplace and it probably only shorts out under just the right conditions (turn this way, bounce that way). I would start looking at any wiring that isn't rigidly attached, like anything swaying in the breeze, as that is most likely to get chafed and have a short--stuff that is tightly held against metal is the next place to look.

Sorry, this will likely be tedious work, unless if you come across it by accident.

You could try examining the wiring diagram and try to disconnect everything except ignition, then start adding back in circuits... easy to describe, hard to do since there's no fuses to pull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts