Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got the old girl running pretty good now,winch and 50” snow plow installed.looking for a plastic box of some kind to mount on the rear rack big enough to hold a 40# bag of rock salt not only for extra weight but also to spread some salt on the driveway in front of the garages.what say you all.thanks,jeff

·
Administrator
9,061 Posts
Are you looking for a actual salt spreader of some kind..? Or just some type of a box to hold the salt where you can open the lid and manually apply some..?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a plastic box with a secure lid that I can strap to the rear rack,I’ve looked at the rubber made type and don’t think they’ll hold up to the cold weather very well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There was a mall here that bought a brand new Yamaha Wolverine. At the time those were really nice sporty ATV's. They used it to plow snow and spread salt and a few years later the entire frame was rusted brown and there was no paint left on it. I have never seen an ATV die such a quick and horrifying death as that Wolverine.

·
Administrator
9,061 Posts
Just a plastic box with a secure lid that I can strap to the rear rack,I’ve looked at the rubber made type and don’t think they’ll hold up to the cold weather very well.
I was actually looking at Rubbermaid bins but the Rougneck type. Like the once depicted bellow. It’s a heavier duty bin that’ll probably hold up better then a standard plastic box or plain Rubbermaid bin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was actually looking at Rubbermaid bins but the Rougneck type. Like the once depicted bellow. It’s a heavier duty bin that’ll probably hold up better then a standard plastic box or plain Rubbermaid bin.

That looks like what I’m after.thanks

·
Administrator
9,061 Posts
No problem, glad I could help. Let us know how it works out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts