Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2001 Quad Master LTA 500 with an oil leak from the valve cover . From what I can see it looks like it is coming from the silicone gasket . Now is it a big job ? Do I have to send it to a dealer or its something I can do ? I am somewhat mechanically inclined but I am looking for some tips . From some research I did looks like no paper gasket exist for it . Help and Thank you Gabriel .

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
I believe most people use a RTV sealant in place of a gasket. Unfortunately I can’t help you much on the process of removing the head to change the gasket since I’ve never done one. But maybe someone else will chime in. And welcome to the Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I have a 2001 Quad Master LTA 500 with an oil leak from the valve cover . From what I can see it looks like it is coming from the silicone gasket . Now is it a big job ? Do I have to send it to a dealer or its something I can do ? I am somewhat mechanically inclined but I am looking for some tips . From some research I did looks like no paper gasket exist for it . Help and Thank you Gabriel .
I just had the same problem. It’s a easy fix. Just pop the valve cover off and scrape any old gasket material off with a wire brush. Put some high heat permatex sealant all the way around. Not to much, just a nice bead all the way around. Let it sit for a half hour before putting the valve cover back on so it doesn't just ooze out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts