Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a vid of me doing a top speed run on the 300KQ today:

2000 300 King Quad 4x4 Top Speed Run_xvid.avi - YouTube

Unfortunately i tried making a makeshift digital camera holder so i wouldn't have to drive one handed, but it didn't pan out. So i apologize if the vid is a little shaky in some areas.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've had mine up around the 80 mark, fast enough to run away from my buddy's 450 Foreman. I wonder how fast it is now that I'm running 6 psi.

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought your speedo was in MPH and I about **** when you hit 70. :shocked:

:laugh:
ROFLMAO..!! I wish that was 70 MPH, unfortunately it's in KPH so 76 KPH or 47 MPH is my best out of my 300KQ. Though it tops off there, i would assume that's pretty good for a quad over 12 years old and 12,000+ Km/s on it and nothing ever done to the engine.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Hey that is right at what my little 300 runs at and as you already know I just rebuilt the engine on mine so that is something for you to feel great about, me Maybe not so much, ROFLMAO. I know I would have felt extremely bad if that was 70MPH, HAHAHAHA

THOMAS

·
Registered
2000 King Quad 300 4x4 1987 Quadrunner 250 4x4
54 Posts
ROFLMAO..!! I wish that was 70 MPH, unfortunately it's in KPH so 76 KPH or 47 MPH is my best out of my 300KQ. Though it tops off there, i would assume that's pretty good for a quad over 12 years old and 12,000+ Km/s on it and nothing ever done to the engine.
This is actually surprising, my KQ is stock and nothing done to it and I got it up to 60 mph (My speedo reads both mph and kph). Just to make sure the speedo was right I got a gps thing on my phone and once the speedo said 60 I let off and it said the top speed was 53 mph. And it's the same year as yours, 2000 King Quad 300 4x4.

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The speed run I did was also on asphalt. So I also had no resistance from soft sand etc. If I did a speed run on loose gravel then I could probably achieve close to the same thing given it was a long enough straight stretch. The fact I was holding a camera in one hand and steering with the other also didn’t help. It also seems everybody’s top speed varies on their 300, or in the same general vicinity. The vid I took is also from 2012. I probably had 4000 - 5000 Km less mileage then I do now. Be curious to see if I lost anything off my top end.

·
Registered
2000 King Quad 300 4x4 1987 Quadrunner 250 4x4
54 Posts
The speed run I did was also on asphalt. So I also had no resistance from soft sand etc. If I did a speed run on loose gravel then I could probably achieve close to the same thing given it was a long enough straight stretch. The fact I was holding a camera in one hand and steering with the other also didn’t help. It also seems everybody’s top speed varies on their 300, or in the same general vicinity. The vid I took is also from 2012. I probably had 4000 - 5000 Km less mileage then I do now. Be curious to see if I lost anything off my top end.
I have a lot of km on it and it's been through hell and multiple times and I was on a hard packed dirt road going down hill so I had s advantage there. But I know I recorded it once on my old phone and I was going the same speed and I was only driving with 1 hand which was sketchy because of all the bumps and stuff in the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts