Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 King Quad 300 4x4 1987 Quadrunner 250 4x4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I JUST got done rebuilding my kq (Top end), and I go to start it, which it doesn't start at first which I knew was gonna happen. So since the battery died, I put it on the charger to well charge, and then I tried to pull start it... this is where it all went wrong. I pull on the cord, and instantly I hear the starter gear spinning... It was spinning the starter, not the motor. When I put everything back together, I made sure nothing was broke and everything was working properly and put back together properly. The one-way gear was only going in one way when I inspected it and the flywheel and one-way gear bearings were fine. I don't know what to do and I'm just lost.

·
Registered
2000 King Quad 300 4x4 1987 Quadrunner 250 4x4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I tore it apart again, and the one-way gear was stuck to the flywheel again and it wouldn't turn. I had to use brunt force to get the one-way gear out (with a rubber mallet) and it took a lot of heavy hits to get it off. And once I took it off, I put the one-way gear back onto the flywheel and it goes on smoothly/easily and it only spins one way as it should. So I decided to test something out, I put the flywheel/one-way gear and the starter gear back on and used to the started to turn the flywheel, and guess what... the one-way gear got stuck to the flywheel again and it took a lot of brunt force to get it off again. What could be wrong? The bearing in the flywheel seems fine and extremely smooth, there's not grit to it or spots where it gets caught up at.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.