Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 King Quad 300 4x4 1987 Quadrunner 250 4x4
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the road maybe 30-40 mph and nothing was acting up, then all the sudden all of the tires lock up and almost throws me off. The engine was still running but I turned it off after I stopped because I couldn't hear it running because while the tires were locked up it was skidding on rocks and it was so loud. I did a quick look around, nothing was smoking or leaking. And when I pushed it off to the side of the road it was still locked up. I walk about 5 miles back to my house, grabbed my friend and my truck so we could tow it. We got there and we had to turn it around, so we turn the wheels and try to push it then the tires weren't locked up anymore, we decided to turn it on and try to drive it and it drove fine. We drove it slowly up to the house and there was no issues with it. I'm so confused right now, could anyone help? I would like to fix this before I use it again because I don't want to be going 50-60 and that happen again because it would more than likely throw me off and possibly hit me if it's still trying to stop.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Limp it around in super low, you fused the low and hi gear together in the sub transmission

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Limp it around in super low, you fused the low and hi gear together in the sub transmission
How long will I have to do that for and will it still do that?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
What was your oil level when it happened?

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
Full like in between the lines full..? Or way past the lines on the sight glass full..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Full like in between the lines full..? Or way past the lines on the sight glass full..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sight is barely full and I put in 3.8 quarts of oil and an oil filter so I used the right amount of oil

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to do that, I thought you said to lock the diff to which i'll do what you said tomorrow but it won't lock the diff. I tried to move it to diff lock to wouldn't go past the 4x4. But it does go into super low so i'll have to try that in the morning

·
Registered
129 Posts
I fused mine togther 4 years ago and have been using it in super low since, I just got the replacement gears, and that's a job for the spring

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't need the diff lock in super low, you can use 2wd
Really? On the king quad and the quadrunner it says that the front diff can't be locked unless it's in super low, but it does go into super low. (<- For the first comment)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The diff lock is only for 4 wheel drive in super low. ( unless modified) You can use super low in 2 wheel drive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I know the last part but when he said that the front diff could be locked in 2-wheel I was honestly confused

1 - 13 of 13 Posts