Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm trying to rebuild my front bevel gear as the bearings quit and the driveshaft wouldn't turn the differential. I purchased the 2 bearings for the bevel gear but theres a spacer between them that I just cant get off, it moves but it looks like the shaft is 2 different sizes and the spacer stops when it hits the wider part of the shaft. This is causing me the inability to access the inner bearing for replacement. I have the Haynes manual for the machine and have done a vast amount of research for the bearing replacement procedure and there is no information at all. Has anyone done this job and have any useful information they would like to share? I'll upload a picture of this situation, my pinky finger is on the inner bearing I need to access and to the right of it is this spacer that needs to be removed. It's hard to see in the photo but the left side of the spacer is smaller than the right as is that part of the shaft itself.
Thanks in advance to anyone who reads and may be able to help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm trying to rebuild my front bevel gear as the bearings quit and the driveshaft wouldn't turn the differential. I purchased the 2 bearings for the bevel gear but theres a spacer between them that I just cant get off, it moves but it looks like the shaft is 2 different sizes and the spacer stops when it hits the wider part of the shaft. This is causing me the inability to access the inner bearing for replacement. I have the Haynes manual for the machine and have done a vast amount of research for the bearing replacement procedure and there is no information at all. Has anyone done this job and have any useful information they would like to share? I'll upload a picture of this situation, my pinky finger is on the inner bearing I need to access and to the right of it is this spacer that needs to be removed. It's hard to see in the photo but the left side of the spacer is smaller than the right as is that part of the shaft itself. View attachment 19331 Thanks in advance to anyone who reads and may be able to help
Any luck with this. My front diff is shot too and looking to start the rebuild process.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
That spacer is made to crush when tightening the bolt in small increments to create the proper clearance on the pinion and ring gear along with spacers behind the ring gear.
It would more than likely need to be replaced even if it came off easily. (unless you just get lucky)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts