Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up basket case. Has china csrb. Hoses all off or missing .can someone please tell me which ports are vacuum and which are vents. Carb is bit different than oem pics ive looked
at.
Blue= vacuum to petcock?
Red??
Yellow?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yellow looks like it goes to the bowl, easy check. Put a hose on it and blow into it. Then turn the carb upside down and see if you can still blow into it. (needle valve shuts off).

Black hose looks like a vent. Where does it go to?

That would maybe make the red line another vacuum line, maybe to operate the fuel pump?

But the real key is where do they go to. Vacuum lines are almost always on the engine side of the carb and just in the carb venturi.
The fuel line will go to the bowl, through the needle/seat so it is really easy to figure out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bearak. The carb is a excact replacement for an artic cat not a suzuki. I think early quadrunner with CV carb has one vacuum port. The later CV carbs have 2 ports one for petcock one for fuel pump. I got this 1998 running on china carb but it only takes the gas if choke is on. If choke off it only idles . I have to pull the carb and drill throttle hole because cable tip dont fit in ( its threaded and small diameter)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah I believe the front ports are vacuum left front to the fuel switch, right front to the fuel pump. Blue is the gas line from the fuel pump. So have a vent tube for the bowl on the right rear.
I would replace the vacuum lines. That may help in accelation as the fuel is vacuum actuated. Just good preventive maintenance anyhows. If that didn't help with acceleration I would raise the needle on the head jet if you can.
But would start with the vacuum lines.
Hey good luck man

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oops, have you checked your value settings ? Compression test will give you good information on the internal parts. And good to know from the start

1 - 5 of 5 Posts