Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone could answer this question. Do you have to remove the rear shroud cover, before removing the front cover. Only need access to the fuel pump, and the rectifier.

·
Administrator
9,547 Posts
That shroud in front of the handlebars should be able to come off independently to allow access to the rectifier/regulator. Removing this shroud alone I believe won’t give you enough access to work of the fuel pump.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah it's 2 seperate pieces. Gotta take the rack shifter council off. Large philips head screw driver. 8-10 mm wrenches. Actually pretty easy to do.
Just follow the screws around. Leave the mud flap on the fender n unbolt it at the footrest. Reassemble using antisieze.
While it is off it may be a good time to change out the old fuel lines. They deteriorate over time on the inside. Cheap maintenance. And clean up the ground for the battery negative ground.
Give your ride a once over.
Good luck n have fun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ajl719: Thanks all for your information, starting now and almost ready to remove the front, when temps are in the negative numbers, in the unheated garage takes a little longer (fingers get to cold to work), but it is coming along. I know I have to change the rectifier, and check the fuel pump, will rebuild the carb, as all the parts are original, never been touched.
Olstitch: Thanks for heads up, going to change out all the vacuum and gas lines.
Any other things I should be looking into?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ajl719: Thanks all for your information, starting now and almost ready to remove the front, when temps are in the negative numbers, in the unheated garage takes a little longer (fingers get to cold to work), but it is coming along. I know I have to change the rectifier, and check the fuel pump, will rebuild the carb, as all the parts are original, never been touched.
Olstitch: Thanks for heads up, going to change out all the vacuum and gas lines.
Any other things I should be looking into?
Other things. If you haven't replaced the o rings under the valve adjust caps. They get old n hard. Cheap fix check the valves while it's opened up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.