Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new but also need help. I thought I would combine the two posts here. My name is Francisco and recently I acquired a used 300cc King-quad. I am going to use it for fun, but mainly for woods / hunting. It starts and runs, but when I gas it...it just dies pretty much.

I have ordered my manual, but it won't be here for a few days at least. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have fixed a couple things on it already. I have fixed the winch and installed a ignition switch. However, there are a couple things I very much need help on.

1) The left hand handlebar. Where does that wire / cable go? Right now it is rusted and i am trying to free it at the handlebar. However when I removed the seat, the cable is just laying there...I think...lol

2) How do I adjust the A/F ratio? Is it the screw next to gas inlet and some other screw I saw on there?

·
Registered
137 Posts
The left hand side of the handlebars is your back brake/parking brake cable. That's all that could be there. IDK about the rest. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, ok...I think I got it. The left handlebar is a parking brake (which explains why that bar kinda locks it into place). Right? And my right foot is the rear brake...just not a parking brake.

Ok, I think I found out what the little cable is. Could it be the choke from the left handlebar? If so, where does it hook onto?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh, ok...I think I got it. The left handlebar is a parking brake (which explains why that bar kinda locks it into place). Right? And my right foot is the rear brake...just not a parking brake.

Ok, I think I found out what the little cable is. Could it be the choke from the left handlebar? If so, where does it hook onto?

Yes...The left lever is Rear and so is your right foot. That little cable may be the choke. It would (should) connect to the carb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sounds like your diaphram in the carb has a tear in it. You can buy a new one for 100+ or get an $8 can of plastidip and put a thin coat on both sides of the tear, it sounds redneck I know but it works. I've put about 500 miles on mine with the same problem

·
Registered
95 Posts
The air/fuel mixture screw is on the intake boot side. The boot connected to the motor that is. Anyhow, someone a long time ago told me the standard setting for all atv carbs is 1.5 turns out. This has proved to work well in most cases but not all. Some have worked better at 2 turns out. As for mine it didn't seem to make a difference. If anyone else has a factory spec on this please let us know? I have several shop manuals and they do not have any information on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ignition switch installation 300cc "96 King Quad

I am trying to buy a 1996 300cc King quad and the owner said the ignition switch needs to be installed. Said it has 4 wires. Is there anywhere I can get a diagram on installing the switch?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,953 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts