Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. 60 years old and I just bought my first quad--finally. I have a cottage in northern Michigan and really want to use this thing to plow my 500 foot driveway through the woods. It's a flat driveway so I am just looking for a simple set up where an old man like me can pop a plow on for the winter and either have a manual up or down or a winch used for the up and down. Can anybody steer me in the right direction on an easy install complete kit with what I would need for lets say under $500 or isn't that possible?

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Unfortunately I’m not much help when it comes to a plow set up. But someone is bound to chime in to give you a few suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Bruce! I have a 95 KQ300 and a 95 QR2504wd. I can tell you that they will not handle a bucket loader front end. The front suspension is only rated at about 150 lbs on the front rack. You'll suck the frame right to the ground trying to lift even light snow with a bucket.

Secondly, they are great to plow with! I have a Tusk City Slicker plow mounted to a Warn plate and a Bulldog winch mount with a 2500lb winch. Its been flawless and I can go through 6" of wet stuff no issues.

You may want to go to a dealer and see what they can get for you. A lot of the old-style plow and winch accessories are hard to come by second hand. Especially the frame mount.

You can still get the winch mount on eTrailer.com and the winch at Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 50" country plow that works great. You need a country plow with 500ft. Harbor Freight 2500 winch with remote. Zip tie the remote to the handle bar. I recommend a strap so you don't bird nest the metal/syn rope. Also a fairlead that has a large lower roller. The mount is the problem. You can mount to the front rack with a vertical drop. Not possible for under $500.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Used snow plows around here are readily available on cl for 100 bucks or so. Winch at HF is under 100 bucks. I welded 8" wings on to the sides of mine. Makes plowing easier n faster for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Couple years ago my beautiful wife scored a 92 KQ with plow for 500 bucks. I cleaned the carb .
I would recommend a winch. Lifting that blade can get heavy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts