Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 250 quadrunner that when it is in neutral the light does not come on and it will not turn over, I get nothing. Brand new battery and ignition switch, all fuses are good. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The neutral switch might not be working. It is located under the front plastic, behind the battery box and is mounted in a rubber mount. If it’s kaput, the symptom you buck is having is the result. You have to pull the plastic off to get to it. I’m not sure, but I think the “start in any gear” mod would allow it to crank without a viable neutral switch.

if you have to pull off the front plastic, buy some OEM fasteners (sort of spendy, and there are about 4 different bolts, and each nut and washer is specific to its location) and use anti seize when you put it back together. You’ll be happy you did the next time you have to pull the plastic off.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
My thought exactly when I read your symptoms, (Neutral Safety Switch). You can temporarily start it by using the recoil starter, (Pull Rope). As long as you know it’s actually in neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Is your kill switch in the run position?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts