Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Suzuki LT 250 ATV. I recently purchased this vehicle and it has been running great. All of a sudden I turned the ignition switch to the on position and noticed that the green neutral button does not light up. I made sure I was in neutral and it will pull start in neutral. However, since it will not light up my electric start button does not work as well. I cleaned and checked every wire that I know possible. I checked and made sure the bulb did not blow on the neutral button. Why would it not light up and electric start not work? The only thing I can think of would be the neutral start reley. I recently ordered a new relay hoping that is the problem. My reverse light works and head and tail lights work. Please help!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if my problem is similar. I have an '01 quad (350 I think) and it will not start with the starter. I turn the key on and push the start button and nothing. When I jump the starter by putting 12 volts directly to the positive side of the starter, it turns the engine over but does not start. HOWEVER, I can put the quad in gear, pull it behind a truck and it will start and run just fine. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
66 Posts
have you guys tested your neutral start sensor switch to make sure its working properly??? and for the last poster, it seems like your battery is not charged to turn engine over fast enough.... charge battery and try again... as i don't have a wiring diagram for these models I can't say for sure but its possible that the neutral safety switch is tied in the the ignition system and prevents voltage to the coil at startup in addition to disabling starter...

when you turn the key off or move thumb switch from run to off you are just removing power from the coil, no spark=no go.. put a spark tester in line and see if you have spark in the above situation

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if my problem is similar. I have an '01 quad (350 I think) and it will not start with the starter. I turn the key on and push the start button and nothing. When I jump the starter by putting 12 volts directly to the positive side of the starter, it turns the engine over but does not start. HOWEVER, I can put the quad in gear, pull it behind a truck and it will start and run just fine. Any ideas or suggestions?
I am having a similar problem, 89 LT250 4WD and it will turn over and over no problem, has spark but will not start......but I can push start in 2nd gear and it starts right away. I believe it's getting fuel as it will run, but I REALLY want it to start without push starting??? Any thoughts???

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having a similar problem, 89 LT250 4WD and it will turn over and over no problem, has spark but will not start......but I can push start in 2nd gear and it starts right away. I believe it's getting fuel as it will run, but I REALLY want it to start without push starting??? Any thoughts???
Put a compression tester on it. Does you quad burn any oil? Remember the three things you need, Compression, Air/Fuel, Spark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was valves......adjusted to spec tonight (bought the manual today) and starts awesome now.....wow must have really been out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1992 Suzuki LT 250 ATV. I recently purchased this vehicle and it has been running great. All of a sudden I turned the ignition switch to the on position and noticed that the green neutral button does not light up. I made sure I was in neutral and it will pull start in neutral. However, since it will not light up my electric start button does not work as well. I cleaned and checked every wire that I know possible. I checked and made sure the bulb did not blow on the neutral button. Why would it not light up and electric start not work? The only thing I can think of would be the neutral start reley. I recently ordered a new relay hoping that is the problem. My reverse light works and head and tail lights work. Please help!!!!
Did the new relay fix your problem?? I'm having the exact same problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts