1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
you can use a split boot but its always best to use a solid boot if you can

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Better to use solid boot,check with moose for discount boots.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used a splt boot in an emergency on my 91 LT4wd. It was a 03606 from autozone. It needed some modification as on end was too large. I removed the old boot and cut the large end of the old boot off where the clamp attaches to the shaft, that is the spacer you need to attach the large end to the shaft. It seems to be working great. It has been on for a few months and no signs of failure. The boot was $6.99. When it fails I will replace it with a solid boot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
front axle boot is torn, can i get a two peice one and protect this, or do i need to pull the axles, thanks
[/QUOTE
front axle boot is torn, can i get a two peice one and protect this, or do i need to pull the axles, thanks
It is not that hard to change it so I would do it. When pulling out the axle there is a split ring and get the boot from boss bearing.

·
Administrator
8,938 Posts
It is not that hard to change it so I would do it. When pulling out the axle there is a split ring and get the boot from boss bearing.
I see you are fairy new to the Forum but please refrain from replying to threads older then 1 year or over. Your just replied to a thread from 2010, (11 Years Old). These types of threads are considered dormant/inactive for a few reasons. Those reasons and else pertaining to the Forum can all be found within the Forum Rules. So if you haven’t done so already, I highly recommend familiarizing yourself with these rules so there’s no further misunderstanding. ✌🏼

1 - 6 of 6 Posts