Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will not idle. It dies and has no top end power. I have cleaned the carb, checked the vacuum hoses, cleaned the air filter. I am at a loss need help figuring it out and what to possible try next. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does it idle when choke is on? sounds like we have a similar problem. Ive got a 2008 400 king quad, idles fine while choke is on, turn choke off, it dies. you can give it gas and keep it running, rough, but as soon as you let off gas it dies. Ive cleaned carb, new air-filter, vacumn line is fine, i am baffled. It is definitly a fuel supply issue tho. Has to be. With yours being a 1992 model, it could be somthin else, maybe. Did you check the compression? timing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2000 500 quadmaster that is doing the same thing .Is your exhaust getting really hot at the head area? Mine is turning orange it dosen't seem right. I have done every thing ecept getting into the carb at this point.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just posted about the same problem on my family members KQ 300 4X4. I have to take it one step further by removing the air boot between the carb and air box otherwise it won't start or run with this on. Everything else is clean(air filter, air box, air intake tube).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry Ive just noticed your thread and i have had the same problem with mine it took me a while but we have found that on the crankcase hose going into the bottom of the air filter housing. There is a check valve in the end closes to the air filter housing take it out and put hose back on and see how that does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts