Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1988 Suzuki Quadrunner lt250 4wd in pretty good condition. I put OEM carburetor, fuel pump, peacock valve and throttle cable. She is runner like a champ now. Looking to add some weight and functionality to the front with a winch any suggestions. Looking for a plate that will bolt on without modifications if possible. I am hoping someone has done this before.

·
Super Moderator
8,265 Posts
Not sure how readily available the winch plates are for the older Quadrunners and King Quads. I know when I had bought my Superwinch I had to get a plate custom made. As for winch types, you will probably get a few other suggestions from other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
If you're looking for winch plates and mounts you could look for a used one or go custom. I've seen a few old Quadrunners and Kingquads with factory winches. Otherwise I'm not sure if anyone makes one still.

It's not very difficult to do one yourself or have it done. I made my mount out of some leftover steel from another project. It was fairly easy. I just cut and welded in some metal then bolted the winch on.

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
The winch mount at the link was in Dan’s post looks very much like the one I have on my ‘97 QR. I bought the mount in about ‘98 ish from Norther Hydraulics, as a I recall.

·
Premium Member
2019 King Quad 750
98 Posts
As far as a winch, i just installed Badlands zxr 3500lb winch from harbor freight on my sons 500. Right now they are on sale for $119.00 (normally $150). as far as a mounting bracket, i had to customize a bracket to fit a 5000lb winch(same brand) to fit my 750. I have a video of it on my yt channel for reference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you are handy build your own winch mount. I used a 1500 lb winch for a 2006 polaris sportsman 300. It is Warn winch rebranded. I bought winch on ebay for $125.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a 1988 Suzuki Quadrunner lt250 4wd in pretty good condition. I put OEM carburetor, fuel pump, peacock valve and throttle cable. She is runner like a champ now. Looking to add some weight and functionality to the front with a winch any suggestions. Looking for a plate that will bolt on without modifications if possible. I am hoping someone has done this before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In

·
Registered
82 Posts
That looks good. I like how you got the winch on top of the plate, makes it easy to see how the rope spools up. Mine is the same mount, but my winch is in the bottom side of the mount, probably how the instructions suggested and I didn’t think to flip it.

So two sets of pics for 90’s bikes and both have glossy paint and plastics. Mine is definitely not like those with over 20 years of farm and ranch use. Mine looks good from a far, but it is far from good.
86A34FF6-8CDA-4BAB-9024-E0F242479761.jpeg

·
Registered
105 Posts
Was the winch too big to fit underneath? I know the ads say up to 3500lbs but its barely able to fit a 2000lb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts