Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I purchased a 87 LT4WD and started replacing the throttle cable and speedometer cables. When I took the top cover off the fuel tank, I notice 3 hoses that were not hooked up to anything. Do they just sit there or ate they supposed to hook up to something? The carb has a clear tube from directly under the throttle cable, a black hose connected below that, a black line hooked up to fuel pump, and the fuel intake line that is hooked up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 suzuki quad runner 250
14 Posts
So, I purchased a 87 LT4WD and started replacing the throttle cable and speedometer cables. When I took the top cover off the fuel tank, I notice 3 hoses that were not hooked up to anything. Do they just sit there or ate they supposed to hook up to something? The carb has a clear tube from directly under the throttle cable, a black hose connected below that, a black line hooked up to fuel pump, and the fuel intake line that is hooked up.
Hi there, yes these are just vent lines and do not need to be hooked up to anything, one of them will be from the carb, another from the rear brake and the other from the front diff, I personally prefer to curve the ends of them down the way to prevent any chance of water dribbling in but this is not really necessary, if you do curve them down just be careful not to kink them and cut off air flow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, but one of these lines from the carb- a clear poly line - has vacuum when running and qould appear to be a vacuum Leak. Is this correct?

·
Registered
LTF4WD 1989 LTA500F 2001
7 Posts
Hello, I have the same quad, I guess you have the mechanical carb - you'll have a vacuum line on the engine intake side going to the fuel pump, a fuel in hose and a vent hose on the air box side - and maybe a drain on the bottom.
The clear one should the be vent hose - I've never checked if it has a vacuum, I've routed it so it points south in case any fuel drips out. My quad runner runs fine with it open to atmosphere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts