Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here and just wanted to ask some questions. I got a LT50 in a trade a few weeks back. Its a fun little quad but I there are no gear. I got a motor from an old XR50 and was wondering if there was any way of swapping the motor. The mounting holes don't match up and I'm not too confident in my fabrication skills. So are there any kits that can help me solve this or should i just keep the motor I have. The LT50 is realy slow and I can't find any performance mods out there. Any info helps. Thanks for reading!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,718 Posts
I’d keep the stock motor and just get it running right. To put in a different motor, get new mounts made up, and make sure everything aligns and works correctly is a tough undertaking. The LT 50 is not a high torque/speed atv. And trying to find mods for it is more money then it’s worth for what’s available. Same issue with the 250 Quadrunners and 300 King Quads. Very limited mods for the money which don’t create much performance gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 quadrunner 250 4x4
165 Posts
The lt50 might have restrictors in both the carb and exhaust. Check and see if they are installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts