Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all any help would greatly be appreciated my atv is stalling mostly when going downhill when I’m off the throttle. It starts fine and idles good. When on the throttle runs good plenty of power. I’ve changed fuel filter six months ago and the stalling went away but now has come back. Runs good in 2wd and regular 4wd. But now when I shift in 4wd differential lock it has a terrible miss. Change spark plug and cleaned gas tank out again. Neither has helped the random stalling. Also adjusted the idle up slightly. No help adjusted it back. I tried sea foam and use Sta bil. I really only use it for hunting and snow plowing my driveway.

·
Administrator
9,531 Posts
Did you try adjusting the TPS, (Throttle Positioning Sensor)..? Or at least check to see if it’s within spec..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Thanks for the update

·
Registered
37 Posts
It may be possible that its the rev limiter ( grey button) on the handlebar. Many believe these are just for reverse (including my own dealer) and they are not. Maybe its dirty inside. It is simple enough to try!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello all any help would greatly be appreciated my atv is stalling mostly when going downhill when I’m off the throttle. It starts fine and idles good. When on the throttle runs good plenty of power. I’ve changed fuel filter six months ago and the stalling went away but now has come back. Runs good in 2wd and regular 4wd. But now when I shift in 4wd differential lock it has a terrible miss. Change spark plug and cleaned gas tank out again. Neither has helped the random stalling. Also adjusted the idle up slightly. No help adjusted it back. I tried sea foam and use Sta bil. I really only use it for hunting and snow plowing my driveway.
Well my problem has returned. It’s driving me crazy. I checked and cleaned all my battery connections and the ground. I did put a new rectifier on. Didn’t help. Bike idles fine and runs good when on the throttle.
Where I ride is very rocky and steep. The ride up i have no issue but the ride down when I’m not on the throttle is when it stalls. Any help would be appreciate!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I feel like I have hijacked several threads with these random stalling issue, as I am experiencing similar problems, but you are active so maybe we can help each other. Mine is a 2011 750 axi. Also intermittent. Seems worsened by cold Temps. Here is the other thread.

Runs great when warm....most of the time. I too have had the random trail stall...random cold start problems. Back out of garage, put in gear, touch gas, dies. Fires back up. Get on it....may studder a tad but then runs fine. Ride 40 mins. Do a woods ride at low rpm...or press 4wd button...may randomly die again. Or may not. Frustrating.

Tried a slew of things, seafoam, dry gas, new ngk plug, new higher amp battery, extra regulator and battery ground mod, air filter, deleted the rev limiter.

I guess injector or fuel pump....idk whats next.

I didn't buy a 750 efi quad to have it act like a carbed 1995. Sucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had very similar issues with mine. The problem finally went away by disconnecting, cleaning, applying die electric grease to every wire connector on the bike to include the ones connected to the engine (I think those ones are the main culprit). This was after replacing the rear tail light, playing with the ground mod, testing the stator, testing battery... Hope that helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had very similar issues with mine. The problem finally went away by disconnecting, cleaning, applying die electric grease to every wire connector on the bike to include the ones connected to the engine (I think those ones are the main culprit). This was after replacing the rear tail light, playing with the ground mod, testing the stator, testing battery... Hope that helps.
Here is how I fixed it. For future thread readers.
Runs like a champ now

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is how I fixed it. For future thread readers.
Runs like a champ now

Great tutorial video.I am having the same issues somewhat.Mine was not hard starting but intermittent random stalling and stalling going down hills.I replaced the fuel pump with the same as you( Quantum Pump) and now it seems to be even worse!!!.I did not pull the injector out yet but that is next.Now the machine starts then its like its fuel starved almost like its vapour locked?
Any ideas are welcome.Its driving me nuts!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I know its an old topic. But i did see missing on full lock ! I know that my 2021 do this as a protection as when we put it on reverse.

So to solve thing i know that probably all suzuki have an rpm lock on full lock and on reverse. Dont know what year it start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, like many of you I have a similar symptoms. My 2016 Suzuki Kingquad 750 would stall randomly when- at or just above the engine idle and turning the handle bars. I bought a real 2016 Suzuki kingquad service manual and went through all the steps. The manual is telling me to change the Power Steering control module. I disagree because it's so random and- there are no errors on the computer and power steering works perfect 99% of the time.
I read an article where a gentleman unplugged the black wire with white tracer going to the starter relay and his Kingquad stopped stalling. So I gave it a try- with the intention of going on three rides and if it does not stall then run and new B/W wire. We'll it hasn't stalled so far, system is charging at 14.8 volts and starts / runs fine. Still going to wait 2 more rides.
I just looked at the wiring diagram and from what I can see this B/W wire connects to the main B/W line that goes to everything- including the battery negative terminal that's 6" away. I think my final fix will be to connect the B/W wire to the B/W off the battery. Not 100% sure yet as I am not a mechanic.
Good luck my fellow stall buddies!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts