Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 LTZ400 was working fine. I removed the exhaust, jarring the components because it is a jigsaw puzzle getting that thing out.

When I re-installed my re-painted exhaust I realized that my quad was overheating and the radiator fan was not turning on. I know this because
1.I have been riding the quad for years. 2.I have a trailtech display that shows temperature installed on my handlebars. It got up to 240F!!!

It wasn't sputtering or anything and was running fine, it just got really hot and I could hear the radiator hissing at me when I turned it off.

Me, thinking of myself as mr.fix anything.. Removed my thermostat thinking that was the problem. Even running in open loop with no thermostat the fan does not turn on and before it hit 220 I turned it off.:confused::eek:

So if its not the thermostat, i'm puzzled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
BLAKELELZT400...check a plug in that is toward the front of the motor, look for a loose or broken plug in...FATBOYS MINOR ATV REPAIRS!

·
Registered
9 Posts
blakeleltz400. if u can, check the temp. sinser. and see if it works.... if it does then im puzzled...... or check the fan motor, if it has one. chat me back..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts