Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 King Quad 750 Axi, turn on ignition and fuel pump does not prime and relay does not click. With ignition on I also get an Fi light and a error code 41.
If I jump from the switched hot to the fuel pump on the harness with relay removed quad works perfect and runs great, the Fi warning light even disappears.
My question is on the 4 wires going to the fuel pump relay there is 1 constant 12v hot, 1 switched ( ignition ) 12v, 1 switch leg to fuel pump and 1 wire to the ECM. Is the wire to the ECM a ground or is it a pulse wire. I have tried multiple different relays and nothing has worked on it, a new one and on the side of the quad there are 2 identical relays which I tried as well with no fix.
Does anyone know what my issue may be. Maybe in the ECM, and if I do jump the switch leg is it safe to run without the relay.

·
Super Moderator
7,428 Posts
Guess not.... fairly dead forum.
There is no need to talk about this Forum like it's dead. Because it is not. You need to understand that there is not always someone readily available to answer any or all questions in a quick timely manner. Sometimes you just need a little patience till someone with knowledge of your atv/problem can offer some assistance. So please, try to refrain from saying anything negative about this Forum.

As for you're issue. I'm not too familiar with the fuel injected models. So I can't help ya much there. Lastly, have you tried simply replacing the fuel pump relay..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Have you checked all of the fuses?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the basics have been done...
Checked and replaced every fuse just to make sure. Cleaned all connections , replaced relay.....
There is nothing I can see wrong , damaged or malfunctioning..... I can not see the board of the ecm. I believe the communication wire from ecm to relay has an issue on the board.

·
Super Moderator
7,428 Posts
Do you know anyone else with a King Quad who could possibly lend you a ECM to test in you're King Quad to see if your ECM is faulty..? Seems like you've already eliminated the relay, fuses, and any wiring problem as probable cause. From you're two posts it's definitely sounds like something ain't sending a juice to the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, there isn't anyone with a KQ close.... and Suzuki said they don't have one to check as they can't chance something happening to their ecm if there is a short. I understand the position but it's still frustrating. I think I've got it licked though.... put a new ground wire to battery from the same spot as the ecm connects to the relay. Everything now works perfect including no error code or Fi light flashing. I'll be keeping an eye on it but seems like the ecm is having a grounding issue not completing a communication circuit of sorts.

·
Super Moderator
7,428 Posts
Well hopefully that'll do the trick. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. From a code c41. Tested the relay it was bad. If I jump the relay switch wire pump work and I can start.Put in a new one still same problem. Tested the new relay it is good. If I remove relay I get 12 volts at the connector. As soon as I plug the relay in I get .40 volts. Now I grounded the relay wire to the battery . It starts the pump emidiatly and if started rite away it runs perfect. However if I don't start rite away code 41 comes back on but still runs fine it actually sends a permanant signal to the pump... not impressed and having a hard time finding problem.🤔🤔🤔

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I have been following this post and having a similar issue. Mine is a 09 750 EFi King Quad. It starts and runs fine for everyday use. But when it is cold left outside say when you are ice fishing on lake -20 to -25 the fuel pump relay will not work. Temp light will come on and will not start. If you warm quad up under the pop up tent for 10-15 mins it will start up.

I bought quad into the shop and started to diagnose myself. Found the ground for the fuel pump relay goes all the way up to the front of quad. What made me chase this was ground had high resistance 2.450 ohms.
Once I found it at front of quad there is a diode there that plugs into a two pin connector. The wire on other side of connector goes to the ECM. So from what I can see the ECM is providing the ground for the fuel pump relay. Dumbest thing I've ever seen!!!
So far I have not tested it to see when it gets cold if it will not start. Not sure why a person cannot just go straight to ground off the fuel pump relay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts