Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently rebuilt the motor on my king quad I had the block milled to factory spec added new rings. After I put it back together the bike ran but the clutch was slipping so I took it apart rebuild the wet clutch. Also I added a new one way clutch because the old one was destroyed. after doing this I crank the bike and it wouldn't run. The starter wouldn't start it but I could pull the recoil starter and start it. I figured it was the starter clutch so I pulled the other side of the motor off disassembled everything and realize the oil pump chain was missing. I've looked all inside the motor through the holes I've turned the wheels and watched all the gears turn I don't hear anything inside I see remnants of the chain but nothing even close to a whole link. Any ideas? Ask any questions you can think of.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took a 2008 king quad 750 apart because it seized the rod bearing. The oil pump chain came off the lower sprocket on the oil pump. The guy who owned it was driving about 40 down the side of the road when it started seizing. The engine was rebuilt about 600 miles ago by the dealer. So I’m wondering why the chain is so loose. Was the replacement chain the wrong part or did it stretch. There’s barely any load on it so stretching doesn’t seam likely. Maybe the mechanic wasn’t paying attention and didn’t notice when assembling. Regardless I just want to know how it got so loose that it could fall off. At least I know why it seized.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts