Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems starting my Vinson 500. Its very difficult to start if the temperature gets close to freezing, still isn't real easy to start in the summer either though. Once it is running it is then difficult to keep it running. I find if you keep the choke about 2/3 on it will usually stay running there. At this point if any throttle is applied it will just stall out. Once the engine has been running for a few minutes I have found the only way to get it to snap out of this is to give it a few quick throttle squeezes to the bar (sometimes it will stall out) but eventually it pops out of this then it runs perfectly after with no issues. Even if I ride it for a while then come back to it a few minutes later it will act like this to a certain extent (not quite as bad though)
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Adjust the he valves. I had an 88 lt4wd very hard starting cold, ran fine warmed up. I thought it was a fuel or choke issue. I did some searching and came across a thread and the guy said had same issues to adjust the valve. I did it and it worked. Ran great aftervthat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having problems starting my Vinson 500. Its very difficult to start if the temperature gets close to freezing, still isn't real easy to start in the summer either though. Once it is running it is then difficult to keep it running. I find if you keep the choke about 2/3 on it will usually stay running there. At this point if any throttle is applied it will just stall out. Once the engine has been running for a few minutes I have found the only way to get it to snap out of this is to give it a few quick throttle squeezes to the bar (sometimes it will stall out) but eventually it pops out of this then it runs perfectly after with no issues. Even if I ride it for a while then come back to it a few minutes later it will act like this to a certain extent (not quite as bad though)
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i was looking at your post about cold starting ,i have the identical same problem . were you able toget the problem fixed? if so 920- 660- 3050 wisconsin . im not real with the computer.

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
Please read the Forum rules carefully before replying to older thread/posts. You replied to a post from Dec 2017. Not only will you most likely not receive a reply since the OP’s last activity on the Forum is 2017/12/21. Plus replying to older threads/posts pushes the newer ones down the queue. If you ask this question in your own thread one of us will try and help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts