Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have spent countless hours searching this forum and every other forum,fb group, etc that I could find. I have asked a time or two, but I’m currently getting my bike ready for the summer so I’m revisiting a nagging issue.

short version synopsis is
I have brand new blob but quad will not start with button (does absolutely nothing when pressed) I have narrowed it down to the neutral safety bypass.

detailed version
here’s where the trouble starts. I bought the bike, blob worked perfect. Rode it a few times, went to start it and the button was dead (nothing happened when pressed). I can jump the solenoid n it runs fine. I’m 97% a previous owner did the clutch safety bypass because although the oem clutch perch was still there, the wires were missing, as was the parking brake.
Replaced wiring harness, bought new blob, and replaced the solenoid with a new oem replacement but still didn’t fix the issue.
This replacement wiring harness was installed by my mechanic (I’m 100% sure it was replaced because I tore up the original on a gnarly ride)
the bike was parked for the winter and the following spring I had an electrical issue that caused me (through process of elimination chasing the cause of bike not getting power) to replace the wiring harness again.
This time I installed it myself. Bike had power restored, but electric start still wasn’t functioning
Did some research and i read to cut this plug on the harness (where the oem clutch lever would normally plug in)

Glove Vertebrate Safety glove Gesture Yellow

and to twist the wires together to close the circuit but that didn’t work for me.

This led me to believe there is a problem with the actual sensor. But I’m not sure what I should be looking for. I know the concept of how it works but I don’t know anything about the mechanics. When I removed the sensor it’s just a flat piece with contacts. I assume the components are inside the motor….Can anyone please point me in the proper direction???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention chasing the no power issue I replaced wiring harness, cdi, stator, rectifier, coil

Also at some point I replaced the starter and the solenoid (a 2nd time) also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts