Suzuki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Eiger 400 4X4. I need to change the seal on the final bevel gear(front differential). The problem I'm having is getting the yoke out. There is no bolt or nut holding it in and I've applyed plenty of force trying to get it out. I have searched this and other forums looking for help. I know something has to hold it in but can't find what it is. I hate to do any more than I already have scared that I'm missing something and I will do damage. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance to anyone that might have an answer to my problem.

·
Administrator
9,173 Posts
I'm not familiar on how to remove the yoke, but if your worried about damaging things and you don't get a response from anyone else on the forum then the next best thing i would suggest is calling your nearest dealership and asking them this exact question. Beyond that i can't help you much further and the only other option would be to purchase a service manual. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think my next move is going to be spliting the case. I think that will tell the story of whats going on.Thanks for the input and the greeting. I've looked at a lot of other forums and this one seems to have the best and the most responces that i've seen out there. Once again thanks.

·
Administrator
9,173 Posts
No problem. Sorry i couldn't help you out more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well as i sit here thinking of the right way i did the job, i wonder if i should write how if you don't know what your talking about dont write anything at all. it might be the way to do it on one atv but not another and might cause someone to do damage to there atv by doing what you said thinking you know what your talking about. But i think i'll keep my thoughts to myself and just say nothing about the person that if i would have done what they said i would have done unrepairable damage. but if anyone wants to know the right way to remove the yoke on this year and model....well you have to split the case and remove a clip. After that it comes out very easily. Do not "just get a large punch and a hammer".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well as i sit here thinking of the right way i did the job, i wonder if i should write how if you don't know what your talking about dont write anything at all. it might be the way to do it on one atv but not another and might cause someone to do damage to there atv by doing what you said thinking you know what your talking about. But i think i'll keep my thoughts to myself and just say nothing about the person that if i would have done what they said i would have done unrepairable damage. but if anyone wants to know the right way to remove the yoke on this year and model....well you have to split the case and remove a clip. After that it comes out very easily. Do not "just get a large punch and a hammer".
^😂 too funny! Thx for following up and for the confirmation on having to split the diff!

·
Premium Member
2016 King Quad LTA400FL6
12 Posts
Well as i sit here thinking of the right way i did the job, ....... but if anyone wants to know the right way to remove the yoke on this year and model....well you have to split the case and remove a clip. After that it comes out very easily...."
I have a different model that uses that same part number. I too tugged a bit but didn't feel right about it. Looking at the diagrams, I surmised that c-clip must be removed and obviously can only be removed by splitting the case. So, how'd it go splitting the case? Sounds like it will be a lot of work. I dread taking it all apart but the seal is torn and oil leak is very bad.
Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts