Suzuki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know what the guys that own a 01 king quad 300 or similar are running for an "aftermarket" exhaust the one on the quad i just bought is pretty rusted , also what spark plugs are good for these quads ? The one I have has 1300 miles on it

·
Registered
243 Posts
I use an e3 36 spark plug. Works good. No issues with it so far in my 2000 Kingquad and in my 2000 Quadrunner. Any equivalent to the factory plug should work. No performance to be gained. Just longer life. In my opinion.

As far as exhaust I haven't gotten to it yet but will need a muffler soon enough. I have not seen any aftermarket upgrade exhaust for it. And a change to a freerer flowing exhaust will probably need carb jet changes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found one MRBP brand for 189.... it says its a utilitarian exhaust allegedly a direct slip on from the header , that's why I posted on here to see if anyone had any comments about exhausts , I'm gonna order one of those spark plugs im sure mi quad needs one

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
I use NGK plugs on my ‘00 300. Plug# DR7EA. That particular plug is for all 300 KQ’s from ‘99 - ‘04.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use NGK plugs on my ‘00 300. Plug# DR7EA. That particular plug is for all 300 KQ’s from ‘99 - ‘04.

Did you kn filter mess with the way your quad ran at all? You do any diff jetting? I'm looking for ways to get a little more out of my 300

·
Super Moderator
8,111 Posts
I do have a K&N air filter. I didn’t have to do any rejetting. Ran just fine after I put the K&N filter in. If your looking for a bit more pep, a air filter alone won’t do anything. To have any real noticeable difference you’d have to bore the engine and put in a oversized piston , install a performance cam, rejet the carb, and finally add and different exhaust. Unfortunately there isn’t any easy plug and play mods that you can do to these bikes that’ll pep it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts