Rear brake CAM - Suzuki ATV Forum
Suzuki QuadRunner 250 Discussions for the Quadrunner 250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

Rear brake CAM

My rear brake cam was frozen when I got my quadrunner. I managed to heat it up and get it out. I ordered a new one with seals but was notified that the cam lever is out of stock at suzuki with no eta. My question is do you think I can clean up my cam and put it back in with a lot of bearing grease or if it was that bad when I got it that its not able to be reused? I had a hard time getting it out and don't want to keep putting it in and out and risk causing more damage to the brake anchor. I have 2 choices, buy a used one off ebay that says it's "in good order" and get it soon or buy a "new" one from Japan and get it in a month and way overpay for it. I don't have a press and I assume I'm going to need one to get it back in. If I had a press I would try it and see how it goes but since I don't I figure getting it in and out could damage more parts just for a hope something might work.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode