1987 Suzuki quad runner fuel problems - Suzuki ATV Forum
Suzuki QuadRunner 250 Discussions for the Quadrunner 250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-09-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

1987 Suzuki quad runner fuel problems

I have rebuilt the carb. Adjusted the float. Adjusted the needle. Quad will now start and idle pretty good. Quad runs pretty good on top end. Low end to mid throttle or a little more the quad sputters, going downhill the quad sputters like it's trying to backfire but doesnt actually backfire that I can recall. I've cleaned and rebuilt the carb, adjusted I dont know how many times. Seems like at times, i can get it running a little better then it starts acting up again. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm new to working much on fuel systems.
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-14-2019, 04:50 PM
Suzuki ATV Master!

If I'm thinking right, your '87 has a round slide style carb.

With it at idle, adjust the air screw out until it starts sputtering, then take it in until it stops sputtering. Then go see if it does the same.

Did you verify that the pilot jet was the correct size?

Other than that, it seems like it simply isn't getting enough fuel. Maybe weak/dirty fuel pump? I know they make rebuild kits for them. Something you can try is to bi-pass the fuel pump. Just put a small tube between the ends. Then with the gas tank over half full, try it out. gravity feed should be fast enough to keep up, but will only work for half tank or more.

2013 Suzuki King Quad 500 AXi w/EPS
1990 Suzuki LT-4WD 250
and lots of snowmachines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode