Upgraded axle help - Suzuki ATV Forum
Suzuki KingQuad Discussions for the KingQuad 400,450,750,

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Daved
  • 1 Post By Zuuk
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-06-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast
 
Daved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 74
Upgraded axle help

Hello guys, I'm wanting to upgrade my axles on my 2019 KQ 750 and wanted to know if anybody has any experience with the all balls 8 ball axles? Or another type that you know of that will work for me? I'm thinking about doing just the rears for now and keeping the stock as spares or to sell. Any thoughts or help appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1076.jpg (573.5 KB, 8 views)

2019 KQ 750 eps
2" highlifter lift
Epi mudder clutch kit
Hmf titan qs w fuel optimizer
Custom snorkels
Boss audio sound tube
Custom floorboards
32-8.5-18 motohavocks
18" rockstar 2 wheels
1" spacers all around
Led headlights
Led light bar and corner lights
Twin air filter
2500lb quadboss winch
Powermadd hand guards
Daved is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 10-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Suzuki ATV Master!
 
TheBearAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Middle of Alaska
Posts: 1,778
I'm not going to be any help, but I do want to ask why?


My experience with Suzuki axels compared to other manufacturers is that Suzuki ones tend to be thicker metal and heavier duty. So not sure what the gain is.

2013 Suzuki King Quad 500 AXi w/EPS
1990 Suzuki LT-4WD 250
and lots of snowmachines
TheBearAK is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 10-08-2019, 03:43 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast
 
Zuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Toronto Ontario ,Canada
Posts: 149
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daved View Post
Hello guys, I'm wanting to upgrade my axles on my 2019 KQ 750 and wanted to know if anybody has any experience with the all balls 8 ball axles? Or another type that you know of that will work for me? I'm thinking about doing just the rears for now and keeping the stock as spares or to sell. Any thoughts or help appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBearAK View Post
I'm not going to be any help, but I do want to ask why?


My experience with Suzuki axels compared to other manufacturers is that Suzuki ones tend to be thicker metal and heavier duty. So not sure what the gain is.
I dunno TheBearAK, yeah OEM are tough but If Daved is using his KQ for how he’s outfitted it and not just for looks, an axle upgrade is in order, he will def break a stock axle sooner rather than later. Outside of motor work, he’s heavily modified his 2019 KQ, the most i’ve seen on this forum so far. Massive 18” rim/ 32” tire combo, lift, spacers, clutch, snorkel AND exhaust...

Daved, my experience with All Balls replacement parts have only been with bearings and bushings and has not been good but I read good things about their 8 axles particularly in the UTV side, I think they’ve only been making axles for a few years, unlike the popular brands before (HighLifter,Rhino,Turner,etc..) ,they look to be reasonably priced too for ATVs.

2019 King Quad Matte Black 750 EPS SE+
Matte Black Wrap
3000lb Warn Winch
Suzuki Front Bumper
Aluminium Front/Rear A-arm Guards
Kenda Bearclaw HTR Tires (26x9x12 front - 26x11x12 rear)

2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 vTwin 4x4i(sold)
Dynatech CDI
UNI Air Filter
ITP Mudlite tires 26x10x12 front and 26x12x12 rear
ITP 12” SS Aluminum Rims
2500lbs Warn Winch
9 inch 90watt CREE LED Light Bar
Zuuk is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 10-08-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast
 
Daved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 74
Yes, good and correct explanation Zuuk. I've owned a 2017 KQ 500 and about 6 months ago traded In for the 2019 KQ750 and I love it! Love both actually but the added power is most definitely needed w the bigger tires and all that I like to add. Never had a problem with breaking any axles so far but I did have a clicking that started in my front one only when I put in 4wd and turned right. It got louder and eventually a few weeks ago I just replaced it with a similar to Oem one and it's been fine but I just figure with the heavier tires I'd be safer with a bigger stronger axle. I looked and researched and I don't want to spend hundreads for an axle and the eight ball seemed much stronger and only a little over a hundred per axle. Still deciding and might just wait until something breaks before I upgrade because the Suzuki axles are pretty tough considering but I would hate to be stranded one time is the only reason I'd do it now. I also believe that throttle control plays a big part in breaking stuff, especially axles. I'm careful and not crazy when I'm in mud and turning sharply on the trails and like I said have been all good so far.

2019 KQ 750 eps
2" highlifter lift
Epi mudder clutch kit
Hmf titan qs w fuel optimizer
Custom snorkels
Boss audio sound tube
Custom floorboards
32-8.5-18 motohavocks
18" rockstar 2 wheels
1" spacers all around
Led headlights
Led light bar and corner lights
Twin air filter
2500lb quadboss winch
Powermadd hand guards
Daved is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 10-09-2019, 10:17 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast
 
Zuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Toronto Ontario ,Canada
Posts: 149
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daved View Post
Yes, good and correct explanation Zuuk. I've owned a 2017 KQ 500 and about 6 months ago traded In for the 2019 KQ750 and I love it! Love both actually but the added power is most definitely needed w the bigger tires and all that I like to add. Never had a problem with breaking any axles so far but I did have a clicking that started in my front one only when I put in 4wd and turned right. It got louder and eventually a few weeks ago I just replaced it with a similar to Oem one and it's been fine but I just figure with the heavier tires I'd be safer with a bigger stronger axle. I looked and researched and I don't want to spend hundreads for an axle and the eight ball seemed much stronger and only a little over a hundred per axle. Still deciding and might just wait until something breaks before I upgrade because the Suzuki axles are pretty tough considering but I would hate to be stranded one time is the only reason I'd do it now. I also believe that throttle control plays a big part in breaking stuff, especially axles. I'm careful and not crazy when I'm in mud and turning sharply on the trails and like I said have been all good so far.
Thanks Daved. Yes it’s a decent jump in power from 500 to 750 and you added even more with the clutch and exhaust work, needed to move the extra added weight. I would love to upgrade my stock exhaust one day for a little more power, but not anytime soon. You’ve never broke an axle yet, but the clicking is a sign of imminent failure with the added stress of rotational mass, angles and torque. You’ve replaced 1 axle ‘like’ OEM already. Thing is, why waste more money or wait for it leave you stranded on the trail and have some can-am or PO PO save you? you’ve already spent 90% of the money on all the other upgrades you’ve done and you still have to be ‘careful’. In my humble opinion, since your already so heavily invested , finish what you started properly by spending the remaining 10%, upgrade all your axles and take full advantage of what you’ve already invested in, your almost there, you will have piece of mind not having to be as ‘careful’ and you can get a little ‘crazier’ to see what she can actually do , wherever you go.

2019 King Quad Matte Black 750 EPS SE+
Matte Black Wrap
3000lb Warn Winch
Suzuki Front Bumper
Aluminium Front/Rear A-arm Guards
Kenda Bearclaw HTR Tires (26x9x12 front - 26x11x12 rear)

2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 vTwin 4x4i(sold)
Dynatech CDI
UNI Air Filter
ITP Mudlite tires 26x10x12 front and 26x12x12 rear
ITP 12” SS Aluminum Rims
2500lbs Warn Winch
9 inch 90watt CREE LED Light Bar
Zuuk is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 10-09-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
ATV Enthusiast
 
Daved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 74
I think you just helped me decide! Ha! Thanks and you right, the piece of mind is priceless!
Zuuk likes this.

2019 KQ 750 eps
2" highlifter lift
Epi mudder clutch kit
Hmf titan qs w fuel optimizer
Custom snorkels
Boss audio sound tube
Custom floorboards
32-8.5-18 motohavocks
18" rockstar 2 wheels
1" spacers all around
Led headlights
Led light bar and corner lights
Twin air filter
2500lb quadboss winch
Powermadd hand guards
Daved is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 10-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast
 
Zuuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Toronto Ontario ,Canada
Posts: 149
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daved View Post
I think you just helped me decide! Ha! Thanks and you right, the piece of mind is priceless!
Exactly! Stop playing around and finish her up would ya! Nice machine man 😄
Daved likes this.

2019 King Quad Matte Black 750 EPS SE+
Matte Black Wrap
3000lb Warn Winch
Suzuki Front Bumper
Aluminium Front/Rear A-arm Guards
Kenda Bearclaw HTR Tires (26x9x12 front - 26x11x12 rear)

2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 vTwin 4x4i(sold)
Dynatech CDI
UNI Air Filter
ITP Mudlite tires 26x10x12 front and 26x12x12 rear
ITP 12” SS Aluminum Rims
2500lbs Warn Winch
9 inch 90watt CREE LED Light Bar
Zuuk is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear right Axle issues on 03 Vinson 500 aschreiner ATV General Discussion 0 02-19-2019 08:13 PM
Ozark 250 Axle Removal Suzukimaster Repair and Maintenance 2 01-13-2019 06:57 AM
04 eiger rear axle quest Tim Morris Suzuki Eiger 400 0 10-11-2018 05:38 PM
Axle spline compatibility - 90s into 88 Alaskacabinquad Suzuki QuadRunner 250 3 10-18-2017 04:21 PM
Removing Rear Axle Guide TUBBYTUBB Repair and Maintenance 1 06-03-2016 06:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome