Need Help with a 2002 LT-F400/F Eiger Starter Clutch - Suzuki ATV Forum
Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-07-2019, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

Need Help with a 2002 LT-F400/F Eiger Starter Clutch

Ok so I purchased a new flywheel, starter clutch, large starter gear, both idle gears and starter. I installed the new parts but when I tried to start it it sounded like the starter clutch wasn't grabbing. I broke it down again and removed the flywheel, starter clutch and large gear. I put the gear on the clutch and spun it in one direction freely to the left. But when I tried to spin it to the right sometimes it would spin and sometimes it would grab. It seems that when I push it harder it grabs like it should. Does anyone know if this is right? Maybe I didn't have the flywheel tight enough? I tightened it to the torque spec. I think it was 101ft. lbs. Am I missing something? I didn't see a washer on the shaft just the bolt. The drawing in the manual doesn't show a washer. ANy help would be mostly appreciated.
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-09-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

So I stopped by the Suzuki shop and had them look at the flywheel and starter clutch. They said something was wrong with the clutch. It would spin to the left freely but sometimes it would also spin to the right. They asked if it was an aftermarket clutch. Yes it is from CELOX. It looked different than the original. They thought that maybe I had it in backwards but I checked and it can only go in one way. The bearing fits into a slot and it also says the arrow toward motor which it was. They said that usually the bearing will come right out but this one would not with the lip in between. Just for shi"" and giggles I did turn it around but then it would spin to the right freely and sometimes to the left grinding. I ordered an OEM so we will see if that works.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode