Snapping sound from right rear side - Suzuki ATV Forum
Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 08-19-2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

Snapping sound from right rear side

Hello all
My one 2008 KQ450 has been giving a noise at the right rear when I turn to right going forward and in reverse in a tight counter clockwise turn. The noise is a snapping sound. I have found a boot on right that had a crack in it. outer knuckle was rusted and dry so I went ahead and changed both(left and right) rear cv axles and outer bearings and seals. Still snapped. Dropped rear diff oil and all good, no pieces or odd findings. Refilled with correct Suzuki oil for wet brake. Still snapping. Could it be transferring from driveshaft slip joints from transmission to rear diff. If they were dry its possible. Any ideas
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode