King Quad 400as Maintenance - Suzuki ATV Forum
Repair and Maintenance Having problems? Doing a rebuild? All Repair/Maintenance Discussions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-10-2018, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Suzuki ATVer

King Quad 400as Maintenance

Hi all, I'm a newbie to motorcycles in general. I have a couple, 4 to be exact, 2 wheelers I've acquired and done some basics, carb cleaning, oil change and such. Just got an '08 king quad 400as with 400 miles thats been sitting for 6 years. Added some gas and seafoam and a temporary battery and was able to fire it up but only with full choke. Dies quickly with any throttle or lowering of choke. I assume jets are clogged. Couple questions here: (1) Any idea where i can download a service manual? Haven't had any luck like I did for my crf70s. (2) Getting to view the carb was a bit of a task in itself by removing one of the black side panels but it's clear I need to remove a lot more. Photo attached. I was not able to deduce the order in which to remove them to get to it. I couldn't even figure out how to remove the air filter cover. Is there a video showing how to get to the carb? Youtube was no help on my search. I did find a video on how to clean it once it's out, but I just can't get it out yet. (3) I'm assuming it needs an oil swap and filter clean or swap. Is there anything else that needs flushing?
Thank you in advance for all advice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181110_152704.jpg (3.59 MB, 6 views)
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-11-2018, 09:20 AM
Extreme ATV Enthusiast

I've been needing a pdf downloadable service manual for my 05 Suzuki Eiger 400 but have not been able to get one yet myself.Since your 08 had been sitting a long while it might be a good idea to take a good look inside the gas tank also and clean it out real good of any dirt or vanish gas residue, you don't want to clean your carb good and then suck any dirt back into it from your tank if it's dirty after a carb cleaning.

On the air box from looking at the pic you provided there should be 4 clips on the top lid, you flip those and release and the top of the air box lid comes off and you'll see the air filter. You can disconnect that air box tube from the back side of the carb and lift it out for better access to the carb if you like. Just make sure you connect that breather tube back up to the back of carb aligned right so it's not sucking any dirt into your carb from the tube edges.Your correct engine oil and filter need to be changed also.

Also you may want to check/replace the front and rear differential gear oil. If the gear oil looks milky looking that's a sign of water mixed in the oil and over time if the gear oil has not been changed condensation can build up in there causing a slightly milky oil look. I usually change my gear oil out every couple years,that's if I have not been in any deep water which I normally do not get into deep water or deep mud. Most ATV's use a 80w-90 gear oil,but check with a local dealership for you year/model ATV to be sure what to use.

Tony

John 14:6 KJV Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO EFI Touring AWD
Pearl White/Silver Trim
PowerMadd Sentinel Hand Guards/PM Mirrors
SuperATV Front/Rear Brush/Bumper Guards (Wrinkle Black Finish)

2005 Suzuki Eiger LT-A400/F 4X4
Deestone Swamp Witch tires
UNI Air Filter
Raider rear cargo box
PowerMadd Sentinel Hand Guards/PM Mirrors
Yamaha Raptor 660 Petcock Mod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode